• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2014-15

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah it is a record and I can't believe that they got him, had been strongly linked with Premiership clubs.

We have also got Andre Grey in from Luton, slightly more of a risk as highest level he has played at is conferene but it worked for Peterbrough with Dwight Gayle. Both these players are ones that will have potentialy massive sell on value if they are a success.

All this make losing Donaldson look like almost nothing.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Odubajo, BBC seem to think it is around 1 million. Expect Gray was a good deal cheaper.
Fair enough, assumed as much but wasn't sure if Gray being a striker and coming off a 30-goal season might have skewed things.

Both really exciting signings.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
That's a shame. I actually thought the question could lead to some sort of reasonable discussion. It looks like we might be after Lovren who will be much cheaper than Shaw.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
That's a shame. I actually thought the question could lead to some sort of reasonable discussion. It looks like we might be after Lovren who will be much cheaper than Shaw.
Well it's either huge clubs or ones playing CL football taking the youngsters so far isn't it? Trying to think who's gone where.

I'm sure he could attract some to Spurs but not over Man U/Liverpool. Which is a shame for you guys. 2-3 years ago I think players were opting for Tottenham over Liverpool

Pothas

Southampton fans must be feeling pretty ****. Be interesting to see what they do, I don't think you could say any if the deals have been bad ones, got really good money for all of them. I think the appointment of a big name in Koeman suggested that they were not going to just be happy selling and slipping down the table. They will have to spend better than they have over the last couple of years though.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Well it's either huge clubs or ones playing CL football taking the youngsters so far isn't it? Trying to think who's gone where.

I'm sure he could attract some to Spurs but not over Man U/Liverpool. Which is a shame for you guys. 2-3 years ago I think players were opting for Tottenham over Liverpool
Bigger clubs wanted them. Glad we got the Ox when we did.
Yeah no CL hurts. Just surprised the manager hasn't been able to convince anyone to join him yet.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Spurs are in a bit of a no-man's land really. To improve their squad to the point where they'd be in serious contention to qualify for the Champion's League they'd need to buy a handful of legitimately top-class players. The problem is, such top-class players won't be interested in joining a team not in the Champion's League, and whose prospects of qualifying for the Champion's League are pretty remote.

duffer

Spurs are in a bit of a no-man's land really. To improve their squad to the point where they'd be in serious contention to qualify for the Champion's League they'd need to buy a handful of legitimately top-class players. The problem is, such top-class players won't be interested in joining a team not in the Champion's League, and whose prospects of qualifying for the Champion's League are pretty remote.
They're a treadmill team. Like us, except we're fitter.