• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2014-15

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
We're clearly far better than we were under Moyes though. Dropped a lot of points by not sorting out transfers in time for the season starting, which might turn out to be important.

I didn't think Chelsea were especially negative.
Yeah you look a better side than last year, no doubt.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Why do people do that?

The amount of people that leave 5 minutes before half time baffle me as well.
Don't think I've ever left early from an Oldham game, but at Utd about a third of the crowd leaves early. TBF it does make a massive amount of difference to the time it takes to get home.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't really understand the hatred of fans who leave early. But I also don't understand why you'd bother going to the match in the first place if you planned to leave before the end. Late goals are easily the most fun part of watching football. It's a bit like having *** then stopping before you come so you can get home faster.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
I didn't think Chelsea were especially negative.
Against 'big' sides they'll settle for the one goal lead. You could see that against United too where they were more or less knocking it around but shutting up shop - that's when Mikel came too. They also try to slow the game down a lot. They don't do that against the sides they know they can beat comfortably.

In theory, sure. But has he actually proved it?
Yeh, he's made some fine saves. Ironically, in the United-Chelsea game he was the busier keeper and he made some great saves. Also, his form at Atletico was pretty ridiculous. Personally, only put him 2nd to Neuer right now.

Last edited:

Uppercut

Against 'big' sides they'll settle for the one goal lead. You could see that against United too where they were more or less knocking it around but shutting up shop - that's when Mikel came too. They also try to slow the game down a lot. They don't do that against the sides they know they can beat comfortably.
I don't think I've ever seen a team play any other way when 1-0 up at Old Trafford with 20 minutes left. They definitely weren't the worst, although that's maybe because their entire team had already been booked.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
I don't think I've ever seen a team play any other way when 1-0 up at Old Trafford with 20 minutes left. They definitely weren't the worst, although that's maybe because their entire team had already been booked.
I think Chelsea do it all the time against teams that have the resources to challenge them. Look at the City game, even with a man advantage they were still trying to cling to that win. I mean, it's fair enough; that's how Jose manages games.

Uppercut

Yeah but not just Jose. Everyone. We did it at home to Everton. It's just 100% the right move once it gets past 70-75 minutes and teams that don't do it are mostly just being stubborn.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
They thought they had the game won and could just play it out. Tbf they were right until the sending off. Only saw the challenge once and it looked soft (possibly accidental heal clip) but it was massive because Fellaini was free for the goal.

Eds

International Debutant
One of the best things about Courtois is the way he deals with crosses that other keepers would make a serious fuss over. You have to whip every single cross against him because if it's floated you just know that he'll catch it.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Cup draw people, :scared::Jumpy:coming up on BBC2, hoping for a rubbish team at the bottom of division 4 preferably.

flibbertyjibber

Terrible draw, then again if we lose it good for us as we had one good cup run and promotion is the priority.

Hate Walsall and we never beat them so awful draw. Such a depressing ****hole too.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Still Courtois for me. But De Gea has had some immense games recently, especially that Everton one.
De Gea wasn't that good so far this season before that Everton game actually. That West Ham game for example but that performance was great vs Everton.

For Me though De Gea is very good Courtois is probably the best in the world right now. He just has a more commanding presence as well.

One of the best things about Courtois is the way he deals with crosses that other keepers would make a serious fuss over. You have to whip every single cross against him because if it's floated you just know that he'll catch it.
Yeah, agreed. He's pretty good at that and also spreading himself quickly to make himself big in one on ones. That sort of keeper helps a lot when you have a aerial disadvantage vis a vis the opposition too in the box.

Last edited: