• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2014-15

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Galatasaray are absolute gob ****e. Have bottom place sewed up already so a draw in Brussels isn't awful.
It would be an absolutely golden result now. Arsenal have been shocking - completely off the pace in pretty much every area of the pitch, and being totally outclassed now. Anderlecht have been first to everything. Not for the first time, the pre-match commentators have been made to look absolute idiots, the way they described an Arsenal win as a foregone conclusion.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It would be an absolutely golden result now. Arsenal have been shocking - completely off the pace in pretty much every area of the pitch, and being totally outclassed now. Anderlecht have been first to everything. Not for the first time, the pre-match commentators have been made to look absolute idiots, the way they described an Arsenal win as a foregone conclusion.
You just had to jinx it didnt you

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm pretty happy with my night's work. Don't ask me why, but I've long had a soft spot for Arsenal. But they really struck lucky tonight. Anderlecht look like they should be a really decent team before long.
'twas a classic smash 'n' grab really. You love them if you're supporting the side, truly gutting if you are on the receiving end.

flibbertyjibber

Sets up the last 3 games in that group brilliantly, Liverpool have to play a lot better to qualify. Couldn't call who is going to go through.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
People and pundits genuinely having a cry about Balo swapping shirts when at half time. Jesus football fans are strange sometimes.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
To be honest, I think people definitely do overreact massively about this sort of thing. But at the same time, I do think that swapping shirts at half time is generally not the done thing.

flibbertyjibber

When you are 3-0 down at home it is not a very good idea as it can be seen that you don't care by some. Obviously it has tonight but Balotelli is Balotelli and they knew what they were getting when they bought him.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Sakho in, anyone but Glen, and anyone but Balo starting, and I think it fixes a lot. But Real Madrid were magnificent. :)

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Swapping shirts shouldn't really be seen as a big deal IMO and he shouldn't really be vilified for doing it.

However, people do see it as a big thing and that in itself makes it an absolutely stupid thing to do.

cpr

International Coach
Without wanting to sound too obvious, but if you are swapping shirts at HT, then what the **** do you think your doing when the 2nd half is on?

cpr

International Coach
The point is, swapping shirts is a post match tradition, to show mutual respect and admiration for an opponent after a hard fought game, to do it at HT is pretty much signalling to all watching 'I'm done' mentally IMO, it says to your fans you aren't up for the challenge of a second half, and pretty much makes you a laughing stock in that rather than focus on winning the game, you're more concerned about getting the souvenir you want.

Last edited: