• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2014-15

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Feel sorry for Edwards but that's modern football and we can't risk getting further into the mire while we sink towards non league

Plus this way Barnes can stop saying he'd have kept the job if he was white as he got exactly the same amount of time Edwards did

cpr

International Coach
90% sure the guy refusing to look at the screen at the 3.02 mark is my mate Chris..... He's the only red in a family of blues, so wouldn't surprise me.

There were tears in our pub that day, and trust me they were not of joy....

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haha wtf is this? What a ridiculously stupid poll.

Edit: Can't believe this is even a story ftr. You know it's a slow news week when the story getting the most attention is something about a player being rested. Since it's international week I suppose this is perhaps more interesting than half the games being shown.
Hodgson's such a dick for telling the press about that. He could so easily have said "wasn't quite fit enough to start" or something like that. He's just thrown Sterling under a bus to cover his own arse.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Haha I can accept they don't but their lives are just that little bit worse.
Tbh their lives are probably better for 70% of the time, but then infinitely worse for those occasions when something good actually happens to your team. I love sport more than anything but it takes a bloody toll.

cpr

International Coach
Hodgson's such a dick for telling the press about that. He could so easily have said "wasn't quite fit enough to start" or something like that. He's just thrown Sterling under a bus to cover his own arse.
I see it as him using Sterling as an excuse to have a pop back at Rodgers, and Liverpool in general.... Nothing like poking an old wound...

Being brilliant analysts we are (well, better than those ITV employ), we did discuss exactly this happening to Sterling a few weeks ago. Do feel for him a bit over this - nice to see people like Ferdinand dish it out in his defence

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Chelsea are going to win the league. I've made peace with it. Only hope is that they don't go unbeaten.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Everybody does this every season about Chelsea. I don't care how good they ****ing look, they've gotta prove it to me because they always start like a house on fire, everyone says they're gonna run away with it and then they **** it up. Make them prove it before crowning them.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
He's stupid enough that I think it could just be that he's a dumb **** instead of being political about it by leaking it out there. Here's what he said last year when Sturridge got injured under him:

Owl-faced **** said:
"It was important for me, if you like, to test his resolve a little bit."

"I suppose you could argue we did put his resolve to the test. I might have been guilty of that but I don't apologise for it. I am delighted he did get out there, even though he maybe didn't feel 100%..."

"They are better [off] getting injured now"​
Personally, I don't have a problem with a player saying they're too tired. What's better, them getting injured by overplaying?

Last edited:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Don't even know how it's a debate tbh. As a manager, don't you want to win the game? And as such, don't you want your players being honest about their physical condition? #openandshut