• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2014-15

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Villa are averaging 37% possession per game, the 3rd worst in the top 5 European leagues. In and of itself that doesn't tell you much as Leicester are slightly worse but they actually try to play even though they've had to face Everton, Arsenal and Chelsea in their first 4 games. Villa also have the 8th worst shots per game, 5th worst shots on target (only 1.5 per match) per game, record in the top 5 European leagues.
Yet for all your stats they sit second in the Premier League with 10 points from 4 games. That's the only stat that really matters, none of your bull**** about shots on target and possession and whatever, it's the result.

But since you like stats so much here's one for you - in 100% of games Liverpool lose you have a whinge and complain about something or other that doesn't give the opposition credit.

Last edited:

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Yet for all your stats they sit second in the Premier League with 10 points from 4 games. That's the only stat that really matters, none of your bull**** about shots on target and possession and whatever, it's the result.

But since you like stats so much here's one for you - in 100% of games Liverpool lose you have a whinge and complain about something or other that doesn't give the opposition credit.
Well, the only stat that actually matters, really, is where they sit after 38 games. The amount of shots and shots on target they've had is probably a better indication of how they'll do for the next 34 games than their first 4 results though.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Was listening to the World Football Phone In Podcast last night, and was intrigued when I saw in the billing that Mina Rzouki would be one of the panelists. I'd heard she was actually meant to be quite good, but...ergh, I must say I found her to be really really annoying. Not quite in the Jack Monroe bracket of annoyingness, but edging towards it. Anyone else familiar? She is supposedly a "European Football Expert", after all.
I've seen about a two not long clips of here presenting a show on youtube and she seemed reasonably knowledgeable (more so than most anchors) but the sample size wasn't really enough.

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah, she did strike me as knowledgeable, just irritating. But yeah, I only listened for an hour or so, perhaps she'll be better next time.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member

Kaboul as captain and Adebayor as vice captain. Heh, only at S****
In other news Hendo is our VC. Actually really happy with that. Has worked his socks off since he's come here. He was even being sold to Fulham at one point when he decided to stay and prove himself. Now he's one of the first names on the sheet.

Last edited:

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
He got a bit lucky. Tried to cut it back to his left, but it hit the shin of his standing leg and wrong footed Koscielny. Nice dribble and finish though.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Might be just as well that this is the first game of the lot tbh. Imagine if this was a game where a win was required.

Last edited:

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Amazing to think that Hummels still isn't fit after the world cup. Puts his world cup performances in an even better light when you realise he was basically crocked.