• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who will be relegated from the Premier League?

Who will be joining the Championship for 2014/15?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
You know I love a good poll, gents. Please choose your three sides.

Credit to Stoke for somehow avoiding this. I've actually enjoyed a lot of their games this season. :/

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
It's a really tough call for mine, in the sense that I don't really fancy the chances of many of the teams down the bottom of the table.

After today I think Fulham are probably gone. Don't much rate Brom or Cardiff, so wouldn't be surprised to see them go too.

Norwich in serious danger for mine though. They're pretty manky and really can't score goals, and their run-in is absolutely horrible.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Fulham, Cardiff & West Brom hopefully.

West Brom should never have sacked Clarke IMO

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Still faintly worried about the Canaries with their run in, but WBA are the most likely to be dragged in from teams not already down there.

Mel has the air of a man doing a side a favour, IMHO.

Think the bottom three as is for me; yer Mackems haven't really had an upswing after their League Cup heroics.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I really like Pepe Mel so I really hope they stay up. Foolish appointment it may have been in the circumstances but he is a really good manager, that and he writes mystery novels.

Agree that Fulham and Cardiff are gone and I will go with Norwich.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Fulham, Cardiff & West Brom hopefully.

West Brom should never have sacked Clarke IMO
They should have sorted out a decent replacement before doing it, or not done it at all. That's the difference between West Brom and Southampton last season.

Pothas

He is a good manager though and neither have good english. It may be reasonable to say that Pochettino being the younger of the two is the more exciting appointment bit what Mel did with Betis last year is just as good, if not better than anything Pochettino did with Espanyol. Where you are right of course is that Southampton had him lined up straight away and his style suited the players they had.

Last edited:

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pepe Mel's alright. It's a much worse appointment than he is a manager, if that makes any sense.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I really like Pepe Mel so I really hope they stay up. Foolish appointment it may have been in the circumstances but he is a really good manager, that and he writes mystery novels.

Agree that Fulham and Cardiff are gone and I will go with Norwich.
Haha really? That's amazing.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Works both ways though. People don't often judge managers for taking on jobs that most people would run a mile from. Though Solskjaer...

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Fulham have been doomed since the start of the season. Signing a bunch of ageing, over-rated dross like Scott Parker was never going to end well.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
How the **** did Scott Parker win FWA Footballer of the Year in 2011? Absolute madness when you look back on it, and it wasn't as though it didn't seem ridiculous at the time.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Think today's games have sunk Cardiff. Complete kudos to Pulis. Hate his style, but my word, it's effective.

Canaries in the mire too, awful result.

grecian

How the **** did Scott Parker win FWA Footballer of the Year in 2011? Absolute madness when you look back on it, and it wasn't as though it didn't seem ridiculous at the time.

I said it was farcical at the time, just really odd, and then everyone said he was a great England player, which was a tad of an exaggeration.

Mind you that falls into the constant chat whenever someone gets a game instead of either Lamps/Gerrard in central midfield, and people realise that someone else pairing with one of them doesn't make us hideous. Funny that, still fully expect them to line up in the first game in the World Cup, and them to be utterly hopeless together.

Sunderland
Norwich
Cardiff

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I said it was farcical at the time, just really odd, and then everyone said he was a great England player, which was a tad of an exaggeration.

Mind you that falls into the constant chat whenever someone gets a game instead of either Lamps/Gerrard in central midfield, and people realise that someone else pairing with one of them doesn't make us hideous. Funny that, still fully expect them to line up in the first game in the World Cup, and them to be utterly hopeless together.

Sunderland
Norwich
Cardiff
I had a dream last night that they started V Italy and you were posting going absolutely mad

grecian

I had a dream last night that they started V Italy and you were posting going absolutely mad
It was probably a prophetic one, it'll happen, but I'm not sure how mad I'll be as I'm expecting it.