• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who will win the Premier League?

Who will win the Premier League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Have been saying City all season so not going to stop now.

Really no idea though, can make a good case for any of the three right now but all have their faults.

Last edited:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
As I've said all season - it's Chelsea vs Man City. As it stands, I feel that City have the better team, but Chelsea have the easier fixtures. Went with City for the poll, because Smittens. <3

Liverpool will struggle for third.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Nath Gambhiring with all his might there.

Chavs and Citeh both have to go to Anfield yet, don't they?

The Arse's bottom has dropped out of it. I think actually the loss to Stoke was more damaging than the various bending overs we're had from the other three teams in the race. If we bring home some silverware it'll be the FA Cup now.

Liverpool shouldn't win and, with Rodgers in charge, a small part of me still hopes they don't, but they're balls deep in this despite the glaring shortcomings in defence.

Chelsea are the best organised, Liverpool in the best form, City have the best squad.

Gun to head, I'd say Chelsea.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Chelsea's loss to Villa put a spanner in the works and it's back in Citeh's hands but they do have a lot of tough fixtures coming up. I still think Chelsea might have this.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I just think that Chelsea are less prone that City to mess up when it matters, so I'm with Brumbly and Uppercut.

Shame, as I'd enjoy Liverpool winning it this year.

flibbertyjibber

I have said City all season but edging towards Chelsea now as City can't slip up in many of their nightmare away games at Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool and Everton. They might play well and still only get 4 points out of those games.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Liverpool realistically have to beat both Chelsea and City to win the league. Even if they beat both it's still not in their hands. I am still worried about them but they are still clear third favourites IMO.

Still have Chelsea as slight favourites out of them and City.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Why is it that Brumby hates Rodgers again?
If you're so inclined I think you'll find the answers in last season's footy thread. It was that being Liverpool series that did it for him I think

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
It's weird that Arsenal will still only be 4 points behind Chelsea if they win their game in hand, but yeah, they're gone from it.

Like Pothas, I'm backing City.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
It would be just like Arsenal to beat City next week and put a spanner in that prediction, mind you. Not unlike when they beat them at the Emirates two years back.

Arsenal's run-in is a doss on paper though, so wouldn't be surprised to see them finish higher than 4th. Not that I would back them to do so at the moment, but it wouldn't astonish me.

Uppercut

If you're so inclined I think you'll find the answers in last season's footy thread. It was that being Liverpool series that did it for him I think
There was a lot of cringe but he comes across as less of an arsehole than most managers, just a different brand of arsehole, the variety more commonly found in offices than in football. But his former players do speak very highly of him.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
There was a lot of cringe but he comes across as less of an arsehole than most managers, just a different brand of arsehole, the variety more commonly found in offices than in football. But his former players do speak very highly of him.
All except Nuri Sahin.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It would be just like Arsenal to beat City next week and put a spanner in that prediction, mind you. Not unlike when they beat them at the Emirates two years back.

Arsenal's run-in is a doss on paper though, so wouldn't be surprised to see them finish higher than 4th. Not that I would back them to do so at the moment, but it wouldn't astonish me.
At the same time if they lose at City and then Everton, then the gap to Everton is not going to be all that big. The chances of them actually failing to come 4th is obviously very small but it is not impossible.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
I said Liverpool. Not just because I'm biased either ;). I genuinely think we're the best team in the league right now and will drop less points than City and Chelsea; as well as a firm belief we'll put them to the sword at Anfield.

Liverpool realistically have to beat both Chelsea and City to win the league. Even if they beat both it's still not in their hands. I am still worried about them but they are still clear third favourites IMO.

Still have Chelsea as slight favourites out of them and City.
If City draw against another team it would come down to GD, if they lose; then it is in our own hands.

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
At the same time if they lose at City and then Everton, then the gap to Everton is not going to be all that big. The chances of them actually failing to come 4th is obviously very small but it is not impossible.
It'd be the latest nadir in terms of Arsenal embarrassments, but I can't see it happening. Even if Everton were to beat Arsenal it'd take a phenomenal run for them to finish the season on more points, particularly given the remaining fixtures for both sides. I am hopeful that this is nothing more than a paper possibility haha.

Uppercut

Everton aren't in great form either. If they were playing as well as they were around November time then maybe, but they've gone off the boil.