• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Football

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Just had a read through most of it and the big think that some Man Utd fans don't like is that fact that Liverpool fans used it as an insult in the 70s by chanting 'Man U'. Don't know what context they used it in though, no one really explained it properly.

Also a lot of fans seem to thing its an shorten form of Manure. But most of them forgot the simple fact that on TV screens around the world Man U is the name next to the scorebox. Most people around the world who support or know of United know it as Man U, as thats what they saw on TV.

It was an interesting debate, i find it funny that the club will let it be used in the media (scorebox) if it was an insult from oppersition fans.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Most people around the world who support or know of United know it as Man U, as thats what they saw on TV.

It was an interesting debate, i find it funny that the club will let it be used in the media (scorebox) if it was an insult from oppersition fans.
That sums up my feelings on it, whether or not some people on a messageboard think it's an insult or not really.