• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Football

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
It's derogatory because as i said before Man U is the shortened form of ManUre and we all know what that is. In basicity, it's calling Man Utd feaces.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
No, it is not the shortened form of manure, because it has been in place for decades, yet manure has only been around the last couple of seasons.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
According to quite a few Man Utd fans I've interacted with, they dislike Man U.
i wouldnt listen to what aussie says, he says hes australian as well, cleary deluded.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I think you got your wires crossed somewhere Xav, most United fans call them Man U or United. Sometimes people type Man Utd, but in general conversation they say Man U or United.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
It's derogatory because as i said before Man U is the shortened form of ManUre and we all know what that is. In basicity, it's calling Man Utd feaces.
No, the U is short for United. Do you really think Sky would use the shortened form of ManUre?

roseboy64

All I can say is that I learnt that from Man United fans who live in Manchester and the rest of England. They get pretty riled up when Man U is used.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
All I can say is that I learnt that from Man United fans who live in Manchester and the rest of England. They get pretty riled up when Man U is used.
Well clearly you can't have done that first part...

TBH, the use of Man U came from their own supporters...

roseboy64

Whatever. 'Tis folly to be wise where ignorance is bliss.:sleep:I'd post evidence but you'd need to be a member of a United form to view it and I'm sure you guys wouldn't join.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Whatever. 'Tis folly to be wise where ignorance is bliss.:sleep:I'd post evidence but you'd need to be a member of a United form to view it and I'm sure you guys wouldn't join.
There is no evidence, because it simply isn't true. As Marc said, Man U has been around for decades, ManUre hasn't.

And Matteh - obviously a higher percentage of Man City fans come from Manchester than United due to United being a worldwide club - that stat is often thrown around - but in terms of raw numbers, there are more United fans in Manchester than City fans. And those are the two most popular clubs.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
And Matteh - obviously a higher percentage of Man City fans come from Manchester than United due to United being a worldwide club - that stat is often thrown around - but in terms of raw numbers, there are more United fans in Manchester than City fans. And those are the two most popular clubs.
There's a van outside ready to take to take you to hospital for your sense of humour transplant. 8-)

roseboy64

And it wouldn't actually be evidence either.
There is no evidence, because it simply isn't true. As Marc said, Man U has been around for decades, ManUre hasn't.

It'd be evidence of where I got that info. So you're both wrong.