• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Euro 2016 Qualifying Draw

Furball

Evil Scotsman
In Medieval days you would have been hailed as a great prophet or burned as a witch.
Predicting the Scotland team would **** up from an almost un****upable position is hardly earth shattering. We're world class at snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I ****ing hate Martin O'Neill. ****ing ****roach.
I don't rate him in the slightest these days. Although it's good that he's finally got a good result by bumbling into the Hoolahan-Long combination that anyone who wasn't completely incompetent could have seen was by far our best available front two.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I don't rate him in the slightest these days. Although it's good that he's finally got a good result by bumbling into the Hoolahan-Long combination that anyone who wasn't completely incompetent could have seen was by far our best available front two.
Serious question without trying to come off all Richard. And I've probably asked you before. What makes a Northern Irishman support the Republic over Norn Ire? Is it a case of one Ireland, is it that you follow both, or is it just one of those things?

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Obviously I'm not speaking for Uppercut here but football's fairly unique as it's pretty much the only sport I can think of off the top of my head that isn't run on an All-Ireland basis.

There's also the national identity minefield that I'm just going to sidestep and let Uppers handle that one. :p

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Serious question without trying to come off all Richard. And I've probably asked you before. What makes a Northern Irishman support the Republic over Norn Ire? Is it a case of one Ireland, is it that you follow both, or is it just one of those things?
It's almost entirely just Protestants support North, Catholics support Republic. I follow both, but sometimes have to actively try to support the North because their fans are such an embarrassment (something I think a lot of England fans will identify with). I felt more strongly about them when I didn't live here.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Tbf not qualifying for this is the international football equivalent of being in Conference North.
Wait, you're not playing down England's 100% win rate are you? As the media keep on telling us, this is an extremely impressive statistic.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
The expanded finals have done wonders for the Qualifiers. Whether it's done the tournament next summer any favours is another kettle of bananas.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
That may well be the most tedious England game ever. Brightened up by Glenn Hoddle proclaiming "If you'd told Roy Hodgson before hand that they'd win all 10 games he'd have settled for that." He's spent far too long in the commentary box beside Michael Owen when working for BT.