• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Euro 2016 Qualifying Draw

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Pretty perfunctory stuff, but can't really moan about three wins from three with three clean sheets.

Whine should've really done better with that last chance tho. Could've taken it around the keeper rather than attempt a half-arsed dink.

Magic pass from Jack W to find him too.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He did it once against Portsmouth about 8 years ago and has tried it regularly ever since. It's one of Scaly's favourite rant subjects. Regardless of how poorly executed it is the commentators still hail it as an incredible act of genius to even try.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
He did it once against Portsmouth about 8 years ago and has tried it regularly ever since. It's one of Scaly's favourite rant subjects. Regardless of how poorly executed it is the commentators still hail it as an incredible act of genius to even try.
There are some players whose entire repertoire consists exclusively of chipping the keeper. Whilst he played for Arsenal this is literally all Carlos Vela ever did.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
See yer Norwayanese had a child playing for them last night. 15 years and 300 days, I think the Beeb's site said. :-O

Man. A real "you know you're old when" moment.

cpr

International Coach
That Odegaard is something else though, seen some video's of him over the summer when it was suggested we were going to offer £10m for him. 'New Messi' is something that's going to be banded about many a player for years to come, but it kinda suits, though he's less of an attacker than a creative midfielder. Maybe a new Giggs the way he likes to run at people. I know its only the Norwegian league he's tearing up, but theres been plenty of players jump from there to the Prem and handle it before,so it can't be too bad. Only problem is he's apparently a Liverpool fan...

Meanwhile, my missing out on big accumulators by 1 run goes on. After stupidly thinking Celtic could win at home last week, I had a 10 team accy on the Euro qualifiers, 9/10 in thanks to Russia not being able to win at home. Tonights 9 teamer will net me £100, I'm expecting Poland to prove Scotland are better than Germany and cost me the money.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Germany v Ireland has been a complete bore. I think we're at a stage in football where it's not that hard for teams who basically decide a wall on the edge of their box is the way to go. Germany are now at the stage where the vast majority of sides do it against them and they don't really have the type of player needed to get through it at the moment with Reus and Özil injured. Götze should be that player but he's rarely looked like doing it since he turned to the dark side.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
All set up for the traditional glorious failure where we snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Book it in; in the return fixture Poland will score some ridiculous winner/equaliser in the 78th minute of stoppage time to deny us qualification. Happens every ****ing time.

In other news, Serbia v Albania abandoned. Wonder what the **** happened.

cpr

International Coach
Tonights 9 teamer will net me £100, I'm expecting Poland to prove Scotland are better than Germany and cost me the money.
:down: At least it means I can cheer Ireland's last minute equaliser.

However BetFred deciding to call Serbia v Albania a draw would've killed the bet too..... bit like the players were doing to each other it seems. Mental