• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Euro 2016 Qualifying Draw

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Delph has been good. Stones at RB definitely shouldn't happen. Play someone out of position or bring in someone young but don't do both at once. I know he's played there for Everton but he's clearly, clearly a CB.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Encouraging from Welbeck. Keeps up that movement and he'll score a ****ton with Özil behind him.

Uppercut

Wellbeck gets such grief online but he always puts a shift in for England
Haha my twitter is coming out with the "Welbeck isn't as good as everyone says he is". Has there ever been a more polarising player? There are genuinely both people who think he'll be the best in the world and people who think he isn't even a footballer.

That's a really good result for England but I thought they should have put the Swiss away earlier. Cahill the best player on the pitch.

flibbertyjibber

Delph has been good. Stones at RB definitely shouldn't happen. Play someone out of position or bring in someone young but don't do both at once. I know he's played there for Everton but he's clearly, clearly a CB.
Don't see why they didn't play Stones at CB and Jones at RB. Stones is a better CB than Jones and Jones is a better RB than Stones.

Game won though so good result in the end.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
It's so awkward England have practically already qualified. Didn't anyone think of the narrative?

flibbertyjibber

Wellbeck gets such grief online but he always puts a shift in for England
He's never not tried. Probably why he gets so much grief as even if he has a shocker he doesn't hide so it looks worse for him personally.

Good luck to him, has a very good record for England which is better than some players that people would say were far better players.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Haha my twitter is coming out with the "Welbeck isn't as good as everyone says he is". Has there ever been a more polarising player? There are genuinely both people who think he'll be the best in the world and people who think he isn't even a footballer.

That's a really good result for England but I thought they should have put the Swiss away earlier. Cahill the best player on the pitch.
He did the right things in terms of his running this evening. I've gone from "hmmm, I can see why Wenger signed him" to "yep, looks like a good signing."

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Welbeck has pace and an engine. Two of the first things Wenger looks for.

Sure he'd have preferred him to be from a Francophone African country, but 2/3 ain't bad.

Eds

International Debutant
Harsh on Arshavin. There was a period there where he looked a real decent player. Or perhaps that's just because he still haunts my dreams.

Come to think of it, loads of Arsenal flops seem to have great performances against us. I distinctly remember Abou Diaby ripping us to shreds in his obligatory one game of the season, as well as Julio Baptista nabbing four. Fully prepared for a 35-yard Mathieu Flamini screamer next time we meet.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Silvestre was a freebie too, wasn't he?

Squillaci (sp?) was pretty merde tho. Mind you, Arsene's always had a slight blind spot when it comes to centre-halves; remember Igors Stephenovs and Pascal Cygan?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
How times change, eh?

4 Arsenal players in the starting England XI tonight. Wasn't so very long ago we regularly had Arsenal XIs sans Englishmen.