• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* NRL 2014

dermo

International Vice-Captain
dear spikey

who would you pick as the nsw 7?

from dermo

ps when you say adam reynolds please give reasons why

dermo

the only part of adam reynolds game that is superior to mitch pearce's is his short kicking game, and with the new 7 tackle the importance of such skills is almost irrelevant

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
That's an interesting opinion because being a skilled exponent of the short kicking game is incredibly useful these days as the bad kickers wont get as many repeat sets and will kick it dead more often.

dermo

imo teams are just not bothering with it at all and setting up for cross field kicks because the risk of giving the opposition an extra tackle is to high.

regardless though, picking a 7 on his ability to put grubber kicks in is not the right way to pick a good football team

dermo

reasons for picking pearce:
- defence
- plays at the line
- combinations with cordner and jennings
- origin experience

reasons for picking reynolds:
- good grubber kick

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
- defence
- plays at the line
- origin experience

- good grubber kick
Are you seriously trying to argue that Pearce having Origin experience is a good thing? This is Pearce you're talking about.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah there are less short kicks this year for sure if you don't include the cross field kicks as part of the short kicking game.

I'm not saying you should pick your halfback based on the best short kicking game, but repeat sets are massive these days so it can't hurt!

dermo

Are you seriously trying to argue that Pearce having Origin experience is a good thing? This is Pearce you're talking about.
how is it a bad thing now though? sure there was times he was picked when he shouldnt have been but now is not that time

someone please give me a decent alternative to him

i can only see one and he's 19

morgieb

how is it a bad thing now though? sure there was times he was picked when he shouldnt have been but now is not that time

someone please give me a decent alternative to him

i can only see one and he's 19
Because he was **** while playing Origin.

Carney and Mullen are obvious ones ftr.

Burgey

- defence
- plays at the line
- origin experience

- good grubber kick
Cordner's been ****ing awful this year. Shouldn't be picked, much as I reckon he's a good player.

Burgey

Anyone see the try awarded last night for Souths against the Bonkers with the obstruction issue? Be ****ed if I know what is and isn't a try these days.

Oh, and Inglis. What a ****ing try. Ridiculous

uvelocity

International Coach
yeah reckon it was a good call. but you're right it is impossible

i think the slight changes in the game this year have brought out even more how devastating some of these guys are with ball in hand, inglis, hayne for example.