• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* NRL 2014

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah because there was a crazy come from behind and controversial finish to the AFL games, wait no there wasn't.
There never is. Favourites always win in AFL. It's a race in four (at best) every year.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I hope that some of you listened to my Bulldogs tip. Really enjoyable match, Sam Burgess did everything possible of him to win the match for Souths, but the injuries and plus suspensions of the two key forwards did end up being the difference. Loved Tim Lafai's performance today after that initial dropped ball.

Burgey

Parra only has to hang onto the ball here to have a win. Tigers looking pretty ordinary without Farah but if you cough it up three sets in a row you can't win.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Lol NRL are so not used to getting any crowds at their games that when they finally get a crowd they have to delay the start of a match :laugh:

Joke.

uvelocity

International Coach
what a ****ing game. burgey gallant in defeat. great subs by mick potter i have to say, luani and austin were fantastic as a replacement for farah. our errors and terrible attack from inside parras 20 were offset by sandows poor goal kicking. what at atmosphere it appeared to be. had my sound system on max and i think they still heard me over it a few streets away

carton of gold bullion thanks burgey

dermo

International Vice-Captain
a bartender at the footy gave me 4 beers when i only payed for 3 and a peri peri chicken pizza for dinner. what a day

Burgey

It should have been a try but it didn't cost them the game. The last 10 minutes if the first half and first 10 of the second did due to having a Spikey - poor ball control.

That aside, they payed well. Tigers barely looked like scoring. Parra's goal line defense is great ATM, after 3 years of being turnstiles.

howardj

International Coach
. In all other areas, the video ref has been great for the game, but I seriously think they shouldn't use the video ref for obstruction

a] they don't seem to know what they are looking for

b] they over-analyse and look for any form of contact from decoy runners

c] it honestly has not improved the interpretations in this area

I'm happy to cop the on-field ref's decision. They were generally good judges in this area, because they only called blatant shepperds/interference - which is the standard I am happy to live with

Last edited: