• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* NRL 2014

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I know it sounds Kallis, but he did duck into it unfortunately

I don't blame the tacklers
Guy got 7 weeks and that is completely over the top IMO

I could understand a few weeks for lifting but it appears that they have taken the injury into account

uvelocity

International Coach
well they had to. unsurprised at that length. terrible for the kid. the sport has just been super fortunate there hasn't been more serious injury at the top levels for a long time, and hope there isn't more for a long time to come.

social

well they had to. unsurprised at that length. terrible for the kid. the sport has just been super fortunate there hasn't been more serious injury at the top levels for a long time, and hope there isn't more for a long time to come.
We will see numerous replicas of this tackle in the coming weeks and it will be interesting to see whether penalties are consistent

I seriously doubt it

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
It would be inconsistent to not take the injury into account at this point. Snowdens case was the catalyst. The judiciary is mostly about scaring away certain on field actions anyway and they obviously want to get lifting tackles out of the game even if they're "not that bad".

At this point I'd say a few weeks off wouldn't bother Maclean either. I'd say he feels rubbish enough already.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't really know what to feel about the outcome at the judiciary tbh. It's just so monumentally sad all round.

Can see this incident leading to some fairly fundamental changes in the way the game is played tbh.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't really know what to feel about the outcome at the judiciary tbh. It's just so monumentally sad all round.

Can see this incident leading to some fairly fundamental changes in the way the game is played tbh.
Yeah, there were a number of "no more 3 man tackles" comments being thrown around. Would be as fundamental a change as you could reasonably have at this point.

Burgey

If they do get rid of three man tackles, they would need to go back to the five metre rule. It would be virtually impossible to consistently stop blokes that big and fast with only two in a tackle if they have the room to wind up like they do now. It's be like under sixes with whoever gets the ball scoring.

Couple of interesting options I've heard include no three man tackles except in your own 20; no lifting at all; and if a player is lifted they can drop the ball in the tackle to protect themselves without being penalised for a knock on.

It'll take a lot of hard thinking to get the balance right.

In the meantime though, the juggernaut has definitely stirred out Parra way. Nathan Peats the buy of the year.

social

Hoping the Eels do well this year for no other reason than to highlight what a fraud Stuart is as a coach

uvelocity

International Coach
If they do get rid of three man tackles, they would need to go back to the five metre rule. It would be virtually impossible to consistently stop blokes that big and fast with only two in a tackle if they have the room to wind up like they do now. It's be like under sixes with whoever gets the ball scoring.

Couple of interesting options I've heard include no three man tackles except in your own 20; no lifting at all; and if a player is lifted they can drop the ball in the tackle to protect themselves without being penalised for a knock on.

It'll take a lot of hard thinking to get the balance right.

In the meantime though, the juggernaut has definitely stirred out Parra way. Nathan Peats the buy of the year.
its a contact sport played willingly, by playing you accept the risk of injury. there has to be a line somewhere where you say this is part of rugby league or you just ban the sport completely.

social

its a contact sport played willingly, by playing you accept the risk of injury. there has to be a line somewhere where you say this is part of rugby league or you just ban the sport completely.
Yep

Gang tackling has been around for decades and the incidence of serious injury is relatively rare so some of these suggestions are no more than knee-jerk

Burgey

Best win in three years. Fantastic defensive effort by Parra tonight. Got some real goers in the pack this year and the defensive reads by the outside backs are first rate.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yep, awesome win by the Eels, a fantastic team effort. Roosters are in some trouble, NSW surely can't pick both Maloney and Pearce in the halves this year.

morgieb

Yep, awesome win by the Eels, a fantastic team effort. Roosters are in some trouble, NSW surely can't pick both Maloney and Pearce in the halves this year.
That was blatantly clear after last year's Origin series.

If Pearce gets pick for Origin ever again......

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Pearce will get picked for game 1 IMO. I would definitely play Josh Reynolds in the 6.

If Sydney had 2 Origins this year I would put the series odds at even assuming NSW pick a side that I would pick or close to it (that's a big assumption I guess).