• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* NRL 2014

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think its awesome. A guy following his dream is always inspirational, and this is a bloke doing it knowing full well he is sacrificing a lot.

Pretty cool stuff.
Just like Brock Lesnar? Hope he fares a bit better than Brock did at the Vikings.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Haha, yeah. But WWE success came too easy for Brock. Hayne has literally just gotten the highest achievement after so much hard work and his team has been improving and he's pulled the pin. I guess he can always come back like Brock did, but Brock had way more margin for error.

howardj

International Coach
He's the best player in the NRL (well, one of the top 2 or 3), who says he can't do that? Just because he has to learn doesn't make him incapable of it. I know people give NRL players hard time about their intellect but it's not like 99% of the NFL is any smarter. Half the 49ers defence is in gaol atm ffs.
I just think that with games like NFL and AFL it's a massive disadvantage if you haven't grown up playing the game. Unless you have those instincts and know where to run etc. you can go a whole game without getting the ball. Not so in league.

n my opinion, he needed to start much earlier to give himself a realistic chance

27 is a bit old to start 'chasing his dream'