• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* NRL 2014

dermo

International Vice-Captain
nah half these clubs are living on the knifes edge, only surviving because of pokie revenue from the leagues club, getting 15 000 to a local ground is not going to put any club in a financially viable position.

just look at the state of the balmain side of the merger without a leagues club

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
To state the obvious, Titans look to be in deep ****

Aside from having some success on the field, it is going to be a long way back for them as they are being killed by the Suns/AFL in the local market, ticket prices are expensive and their ground is a pain in the arse to get to (it has no parking so you need to drive somewhere before catching a train or bus to and from the ground which is a massive turn-off in an area where people don't use public transport much)

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, I went to the GC stadium to see a game last year with my mate who was a Titans member. It's a good ground in itself, but the ticket prices and the cost of food there is so outrageous the club was actually putting on bbqs for its members at the academy next door. Apparently the Qld government did the catering deal, not the club.

He also mentioned when they post crowd numbers they include all members, whether they're actually in attendance or not. Don't know if that's true or not.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Eh, they're not in deep ****. They're the fabled second SEQLD team, the NRL will back them through thick and thin. That they're having a review in their performance suggests they're on the right track imo.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
GC stadium is as easy/difficult to get to as the SFS. I think that the members being included despite not attending call is correct too btw. There is no way over 10,000 went to watch the game against Canberra last week. I actually just checked, the crowd has dropped every year over the past 8 years, that's pretty poor. Would not surprise me to see Bennett coaching there next year either.

A back 3 of Boyd, Gordon and Mead would be great.

uvelocity

International Coach
if the season was a few weeks longer, we'd have enough confidence to win the thing.

nah **** it, it's long enough

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
GC stadium is as easy/difficult to get to as the SFS. I think that the members being included despite not attending call is correct too btw. There is no way over 10,000 went to watch the game against Canberra last week. I actually just checked, the crowd has dropped every year over the past 8 years, that's pretty poor. Would not surprise me to see Bennett coaching there next year either.

A back 3 of Boyd, Gordon and Mead would be great.
Some fans live within walking distance of the SFS, fans don't live anywhere near the Titans home ground

uvelocity

International Coach
came home semi interested in seeing bunnies v manly (my interest for what should be a top game tempered by the rational hate of manly)

****ing bronco ****wits

cw/youtube/dinner/ps3

dermo

International Vice-Captain
great commentator on radio is old ray, doesn't suit tv though #bringbackvossy

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
It was a pretty great game actually. The two best teams this year by some distance so far.

uvelocity

International Coach
yeah so what do we get up here, turd. same as every friday night. youd think 1 v 2 would mean something to the programming schedule

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Robbie Farah really did the right thing by his club with the tell all interview. Cleared the air and really helped the lads focus on last night's game. WAC he is. Whinging, entitled **** knuckle.

Also good to see the Dogs going backwards. Hopefully they miss the eight altogether. Meanwhile, the juggernaut rolls on, this week in Darwin.