• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* NRL 2014

dermo

International Vice-Captain
mullen has to come in for reynolds if he gets suspended, need another half that can kick

dermo

that was a clinic from both fullbacks last night though, slater was exceptional to.

cherry evans was pretty disappointing but he probably spent most of the camp training to come on and play hooker.

howardj

International Coach
Man that Josh Reynolds non suspension is a joke

It's not about Qld v NSW either, rather there are broader issues at play.

Firstly, player welfare.

Second, the credibility of the NRL following their much-hyped crackdown on lifting.

A suspension in the order of Bird's (two weeks) was at least in order.

THe length of the Jordan McLean suspension can now be seen for what it was, namely some PR.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I assume that it is the technically correct decision but it has left the NRL's credibility in tatters

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
I assume that it is the technically correct decision but it has left the NRL's credibility in tatters
Yeah this is pretty much it. The charge was downgraded, and the guilty plea means he narrowly escapes suspension. The tackle looked a little worse than it was (Scott was a significant contributor) but it's such a terrible look after the McKinnon incident and the reaction to it. Surprising that the punishment on dangerous throw doesn't appear to be heavier than it was pre-McKinnon.

I dunno, I don't mind a bit of extra weight being applied to the punishment based on the outcome. Happens in regular law all the time and sends a message which is all the judiciary is designed to do.

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The Reynolds one gets more attention because it was in Origin, but how the hell it was the same grading as Tariq Sims' tackle a couple of weeks back is beyond me. That was a real shocker.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah this is pretty much it. The charge was downgraded, and the guilty plea means he narrowly escapes suspension. The tackle looked a little worse than it was (Scott was a significant contributor) but it's such a terrible look after the McKinnon incident and the reaction to it. Surprising that the punishment on dangerous throw doesn't appear to be heavier than it was pre-McKinnon.

I dunno, I don't mind a bit of extra weight being applied to the punishment based on the outcome. Happens in regular law all the time and sends a message which is all the judiciary is designed to do.
SOO is not only the showpiece of the game but the first match was supposedly the highest rating program in the history of Oz television so a lot of casual viewers would have seen this and it's not a good look

howardj

International Coach
As I say, I'm not in favour of suspending guys for horribly long periods over what are largely accidents. Two or three weeks would do.

They are accidents, but where possible you need to not do things that make an accident more likely, and penalties be imposed for doing those things.

dermo

ive watched that origin twice now and **** me if that doesnt get you to take some interest in rugby league then nothing will, unbelievable game especially now the extent of the injuries some blokes played on with have come out.

Burgey

Slightly OT, but there's no doubt league does best when he western Sydney sides are doing well. Interest in the game is so much higher when Dogs, Penrith, Tigers and Parra are doing well.

Btw, Aaron Woods was terrific in Origin. Especially the first half

dermo

nsw have a lot more depth, hopoate slots in for josh morris and probably richards or mansour on the wing

dermo

woods is the next best prop after graham, both run as hard as anyone but can throw a pass as well

Burgey

Very impressed with Mansour. First time I've really seen a lot of him.

Peats a massive loss for us if he's out for any time

dermo

parra are just a different team without hayne, they grow an extra leg when he plays

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
BTW, I would without doubt replace Brett Morris with Josh Mansour for Origin 2.

1 Hayne 2 Mansour 3 Hopoate 4 Jennings 5 Tupou would be my back 5.