• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* NRL 2014

howardj

International Coach
No fan of Bird, but six weeks?

The NRL seem to be obsessed with rubbing guys out of the game

Suspensions of anything more than one week, should be reserved for intentional acts

dermo

International Vice-Captain
nah if pearce isn't the 7 then it has to be mullen, he's the only legitimate option. maloney is a good 6 because he's a decent ball runner, his kicking is ok but its not in the class of mullen

sure qld have some amazing attacking players in their side but the real reason we get ****ed every year is cause ****s like cronk, thurston and smith, and before them lockyer just control the game with their kicking games, and in origin where its rare for one forward pack to completely dominate the other, a good kicking game is so so important. thats why i've been advocating guys like carney and mullen and its the same reason josh reynolds is not the player we need.

dermo

not enough has been said here of just how monumentally stupid pearce was on saturday night, and from the video footage theyve been showing plus the how he got not only kicked out but banned from another pub earlier in the night, i reckon the **** should be rubbed out for origin.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If they do that, Hayne has to be fullback. **** Dugan and his stupid tattooed potato head. He's a dick. Hoppa for right centre too. Playing brilliantly.

Burgey

I do feel sorry for Mullen. Got one origin game when he wasn't ready, then been injured or overlooked while they constantly pick this Pearce **** year in, year out. FMD Junior Junior has played more Origin games at half back for NSW than Peter Sterling did. WTF is wrong with the blokes who pick these sides? You'd back Sterling to be better than Pearce now, and he's a 50 something year old, balding garden gnome.

Burgey

Would ear that. I didn't think he'd get back to the sort of form he's been in this quickly. Jeez he's playing well.

Who will be the centres then? Josh "Medocrity gets a Guernsey" Morris on one side, and who on the other?

dermo

josh morris is a certainty, he was picked in the aussie team over jennings.

if dugan is picked its at the expense of jennings and hayne plays right centre and the morris boys on the left

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Its amazing how loyal he has been with his backs this year. I have NFI why he is so keen to play Wighton and McCrone out of position and even Campese is better at 6 than 7. Someone like McCrone had a very good 2013 in the halves so I just find it extraordinary how former halfback couldn't see that its McCrone's best spot. Bill Tupou should clearly be dropped and far down the pecking order and I don't think Allwood does enough in attack so he could possibly have a spell too (but still be close to selection). I'm a big fan of Croker and his attack has been great this year, but he could possibly do with some time on the wing (at least when defending). Milford is class and the only player left is Reece Robinson who is a bit meh, but being meh is good enough to be an automatic selection at the Raiders these days.
Yep. Had to happen..

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
NSW backline

Dugan
Morris
Hayne
Jennings
Hoppa
Carney
Mullen
Yeah wouldn't have a huge problem with this actually. Not sure about Carney but any halves combo we end up with is probably just going to be the best of a decent bunch.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Mitch Cornish has to come into the side, kid is a gun no idea why he isnt already playing
Yeah I would like to see him be given an opportunity, but realistically I can't complain with the lineup they've named this week. Its a considerable improvement on the team recently.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Assuming Fifita and Bird are unavailable this is my new NSW team that I would pick which obviously wont be correct, but still.

NSW
1. J HAYNE 2. J MANSOUR 3. M JENNINGS 4. J IDRIS 5. B MORRIS 6. J REYNOLDS 7. TBA 8. A WOODS 9. R FARAH 10. J TAMOU 11. B CORDNER 12. T WILLIAMS 13. P GALLEN
RES: 14. W GRAHAM 15. T MERRIN 16. A TOLMAN 17. A WATMOUGH 18 J JACKSON

QLD
1. B SLATER 2. A MILFORD 3. G INGLIS 4. J HODGES 5. B TATE 6. J THURSTON 7. D CHERRY-EVANS 8. M SCOTT 9 C SMITH 10. N MYLES 11. D TAYLOR 12. S THAIDAY 13. C PARKER
RES: 14. C CRONK 15. M GILLETT 16. C MCQUEEN 17. J LILLYMAN 18. J PAPALII

I'm completely aware that J Moz will play, Mansour wont, TBA will have the same impact as Pearce, Cronk will start and Boyd will play instead of Milford. I've also just done a last minute swap of Lillyman and Papalii just because the Warriors prop has been great this year.

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
BTW, this is the NSW team I think that will be picked:

1. Hayne 2. Tupou 3. Jennings 4. Morris 5. Morris 6. Maloney 7. Pearce 8. Gallen 9. Farah 10. Tamou 11. Cordner 12. Hoffman 13. Merrin RES 14. JReynolds 15. Woods 16. Watmough 17. TWilliams or Lewis.

Sorry for the spamming btw, I guess its not as bad as spambot mulvi's posts.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I was so close to changing to Storm last night. Their odds were so generous ($2.70) that I wish I made a bigger bet (I guess a bigger bet is always the right option after a win). From a QLD perspective I'm loving the form of Slater. For Souths, Alex Johnston is a star in the making, his combo with Walker is so exciting. In the other game, it was an important win for the Broncos. I can't wait for Milford next year in the 6 as Hoffman stifles the attack so often which is a problem for a team that attempts to go around its opponents close to the line frequently.