• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* NRL 2014

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
have to say benji and the dragons could not be a worse fit for each other, the dragons need to develop a dominant 7 to let widdop be the ball runner he is. Benji is nowhere near the player they need.

if he was fair dinkum he wouldve gone to melbourne and i have no doubt if he bought into the culture there then he could well have got back to his best football.

don't be fooled, the only reason benji is at the dragons is because they offered him the most money
Yeah definitely agree with this. I don't see Price as a strong enough personality to handle Benji either.

If he was fair dinkum he would have toughed it out and made a good fist of learning Union. That he jumped ship when things got rough at the Blues says a lot about him.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah his last 18 months or so at the MagTiges was flat out **** IMO. Say back and watched the cabbage roll in. Poor.

Agree about him going to Melbourne, but I reckon he'd have done his rag under Bellyache who would have hounded the **** out of him.

Burgey

Can those who stay up late enough on Friday night to always watch Brisbane give me a heads up on whether Hannant has really been **** enough to warrant his dropping? Have hardly seen a game of theirs this year tbh, aside when they were dusted by the eventual premiers the Eels early on in the season.

Word is he's heading to Newcastle. Bennett won't pay him anything like the coin he's on at Brisbane, even if he was in career best form.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I'd start looking at phasing out the likes of Gallen and Scott in the forwards tbh. Not because they're playing poorly, just I think they need a bit of rip and tear going ahead..
Scott responded to your criticism with a huge game last night.

Can those who stay up late enough on Friday night to always watch Brisbane give me a heads up on whether Hannant has really been **** enough to warrant his dropping? Have hardly seen a game of theirs this year tbh, aside when they were dusted by the eventual premiers the Eels early on in the season.

Word is he's heading to Newcastle. Bennett won't pay him anything like the coin he's on at Brisbane, even if he was in career best form.
The decision to drop Hannant can't be performance related. He has without doubt been better than Kennedy so far this year and I would say overall Hannant's season has been solid - his typical self. I hope he comes back into favour during Origin (assuming QLD don't pick him) as we'll need the extra grunt without Thaiday, Parker and Gillett there.

dermo

International Vice-Captain
i'd also like to say that although i dont think theres posts here to back it up but i've always said ricky stuart is a god awful coach. even when everyone in the media was in love with him during his time as coach of the blues.

his first 3 years with the roosters should not be considered at all, ffs jono couldve coached that team to a premiership and it's a slight on him that they didn't win more than one.

the roosters, sharks and parra were all left in worse shape when he left than when he got there and i suggest to ricky that when he is invariable axed from the raiders he takes up a job as a liquidator because it seems he fills a similar role at the clubs he is employed to coach.

Burgey

Jeez Melbourne stink. They'll struggle to make the eight I reckon. Having a dong dong go with manly in Melbourne and manly have a shot load of players out. Storm goal line defense is embarrassing

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
i'd also like to say that although i dont think theres posts here to back it up but i've always said ricky stuart is a god awful coach. even when everyone in the media was in love with him during his time as coach of the blues.

his first 3 years with the roosters should not be considered at all, ffs jono couldve coached that team to a premiership and it's a slight on him that they didn't win more than one.

the roosters, sharks and parra were all left in worse shape when he left than when he got there and i suggest to ricky that when he is invariable axed from the raiders he takes up a job as a liquidator because it seems he fills a similar role at the clubs he is employed to coach.
Its amazing how loyal he has been with his backs this year. I have NFI why he is so keen to play Wighton and McCrone out of position and even Campese is better at 6 than 7. Someone like McCrone had a very good 2013 in the halves so I just find it extraordinary how former halfback couldn't see that its McCrone's best spot. Bill Tupou should clearly be dropped and far down the pecking order and I don't think Allwood does enough in attack so he could possibly have a spell too (but still be close to selection). I'm a big fan of Croker and his attack has been great this year, but he could possibly do with some time on the wing (at least when defending). Milford is class and the only player left is Reece Robinson who is a bit meh, but being meh is good enough to be an automatic selection at the Raiders these days.

Burgey

Jeez Melbourne stink. They'll struggle to make the eight I reckon. Having a dong dong go with manly in Melbourne and manly have a shot load of players out. Storm goal line defense is embarrassing
This post stems from my telling Burgeinho at the start of the year that if Parra finish ahead of Melbourne on the NRL ladder I would buy him he bat of his choice for next year.

This wouldn't be a problem if the bugger wasn't using small men's gear already and wasn't eyeing off a GN Kaboom worth about $400.

uvelocity

International Coach
This post stems from my telling Burgeinho at the start of the year that if Parra finish ahead of Melbourne on the NRL ladder I would buy him he bat of his choice for next year.

This wouldn't be a problem if the bugger wasn't using small men's gear already and wasn't eyeing off a GN Kaboom worth about $400.
someone needs to tell the kid there are dearer bats than that

dermo

can someone please tell me what they see in josh reynolds play that says "yep, thats how we'll beat qld".

about the only things he did of note today were rushing up out of the line to take an intercept and put on a good hit, and ****s like thurston feast on people who rush out of the line

by far the most over rated player in the game

Burgey

Agree re Reynolds. He's a good club player but he sets up tries by putting big boppers through holes which aren't there at Origin level anyway.

It is good to see desperate NSW fans getting out to Kings Cross nightclubs and doing their best to ensure Pearce is out of Origin, though.

dermo

the roosters are an awesome team but **** theres some ****s at that club, full of egos

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I like the competive nature of Reynolds. Hes a comitted footballet who can read tue game well by being at the right spot at the right time. This brilliant post wont convince you im sure.

I was actually thinking that Maloney at 7 could work. Thoughts?

Burgey

Maloney at half doesn't strike me as awful, he'd have to be better than Hodgkinson, surely? If they do put Maloney at seven and intend to play Hayne out of position, put the **** at six and let him own the right side of the park (unless of course Maloney plays right side in which case **** it all.

Burgey

Hayne putting on another clinic here playing first receiver on the right. Watch NSW pick him on the left wing. #tards

Burgey

Knew I'd have a family member die before Parra put on 40 twice in one season :-/