• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Rugby League World Cup 2013

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Morleys was better. No one wants to watch the mange win.
They were both good, but I like the lore around Kelly's better, with Warren Ryan walking out of the sheds to watch the game and seeing Kelly running past the bugler who'd played the Last Post befre kick off. He asked Kelly if he'd forgotten his mouth guard.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah Italy isn't that bad at all especially when Campese and Gower do return.

Josh Mantellato is probably the best goal kicker in the world cup and that back row is quite good. I'm a big fan of Riethmuller and Santi is going to be really good (unless he turns to **** at Parra, which has happened to better players). Vaughan and Laffranchi would have provided good go forward too. Still kind of embarrassing for England.

USA beat France too haha.

BTW Aussie people, the games are going to be shown on 7mate, I think they are showing every single match of the tournament.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I am looking forward to this

My ranking on international tournaments

rugby world cup
olympics
cricket world cup
rugby league world cup
daylight
soccer world cup
british open golf
wimbledon
masters

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah Italy isn't that bad at all especially when Campese and Gower do return.
They're scrubbed for the whole tournament. Italty were a sneaky chance to really do some damage at "full strength" but numerous players have pulled out.

Anyway, I wouldn't be reading too much into a warm up game.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
No Graham for England, then but Brett Ferress, only called up to replace old Grievous Harm this week, is the the matchday squad.

Odd call, IMHO. One or two whispers he was also out on the lash with Hock; in which case the latter is probably right to be mildly irked at his axing.

Increasingly of the opinion McNamara is a bit of a clown, really. Even before today's toys at the presser.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Welcome back young man. Been a while.

But yeah, your (ex) boy Graham not featuring against the Kangaroos is a strange one, tbh. More than held his own in the NRL.

& McNamara's made a real rod for his back making Sinfield captain, IMHO. For all his solid, workmanlike qualities, he's not a test stand off's arsehole.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Unfortunately there aren't really any better options, since Brough chose Scotland. I'm a big Ratchford fan, but he's injured anyway.

More concerned about centre, myself. Looks like Ablett will get the nod inside of Hall. I can see the logic, because the likes of Inglis would crush a Watkins, Turner or Crooks. But he's just devoid of any pace or skill.

There are plenty of other bad picks as well. Mossop, McIlorum. Just a mess all round. It's not as if there's a shed load of talent to work with in the first place.

Last edited: