Thread: *Official* Rugby League World Cup 2013

benjeh
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I just love all kinds of balls.

Quote Originally Posted by uvelocity View Post
    benjeh
    Dead (to the game) I'm afraid.
    NRL Tipping Champion 2014

Over 0.2: Putland to Nevill, OUT, no run, full ball swings in late to crash into his pads. Nevill is almost falling over trying to get bat on it but can't. Huge shout for LBW and Umpire Martell eventually raises the finger! P.Nevill - lbw b:Putland 0 (1 ball, 1 minute).

Doubt SBW will play, he's off back to Union isn't he at the close of the NRL season?

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Have to pick him if he's available, IMHO.

If NZ won, would he be the first player to have union and league WC winners' medals?

Guess Brad Thorn the other possible, but dunno if he was playing for the 'Roos in 2000.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"I don't believe a word of Pietersen's book, but then I don't believe a word anyone else has said either."
    - Simon Barnes renders further comment on KP's autobiography superfluous in a sentence

I hope SBW plays..

This is the sort of squad I expect to see and I think overall it is a good one.

1 Kevin LOCKE
    2 Jason NIGHTINGALE
    3 Shaun KENNY DOWALL
    4 Dean WHARE
    5 Manu VATUVEI
    6 Kieran FORAN
    7 Shaun JOHNSON
    8 Jesse BROMWICH
    9 Issac LUKE
    10 Jared WAEREA-HARGREAVES
    11 Sonny Bill WILLIAMS
    12 Kevin PROCTOR
    13 Simon MANNERING

14 Elijah TAYLOR
    15 Ben MATULINO
    16 Frank PRITCHARD
    17 Sam MCKENDRY

18 Sam PERRETT 19 Alex GLENN 20 Sam RAPIRA 21 Thomas LEULUAI 22 Josh HOFFMAN 23 Lewis BROWN 24 Greg EASTWOOD

Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, Adam Blair, Konrad Hurrell, Tohu Harris and Frank Paul Nuuausala are in the mix.

EDIT - Take out Lewis Brown from the squad if Jeremy Smith is still available (he probably should start at 13, Mannering to 12 and Proctor/Pritchard fight it out for a bench spot).
    Last edited by NUFAN; 14-09-2013 at 06:54 AM.

I tried to squeeze in a bolter but couldn't.. Perhaps a strong showing in a GF win could see a surprise.

Australia
    1 Billy SLATER
    2 Darius BOYD
    3 Josh MORRIS
    4 Greg INGLIS
    5 Brett MORRIS
    6 Johnathon THURSTON
    7 Cooper CRONK
    8 Matt SCOTT
    9 Cam SMITH
    10 James TAMOU
    11 Greg BIRD
    12 Sam THAIDAY
    13 Paul GALLEN

14 Robbie FARAH
    15 Nate MYLES
    16 Luke LEWIS
    17 Anthony WATMOUGH

18 Andrew FIFITA 19 Michael JENNINGS 20 Matt GILLETT 21 Brent TATE 22 Daly CHERRY-EVANS 23 Jarryd HAYNE 24 Corey PARKER

Fifita and Tamou could easily interchange. Sheens loves continuity though and the 17 I have named is the 17 that won the ANZAC Test apart from Gidley and Hodges out injured and in there place Farah and JMoz. You can substitute Farah out and bring in anyone from the extended bench (barring the outside backs).

State Vice-Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Doubt SBW will play, he's off back to Union isn't he at the close of the NRL season?
    Hasn't made a decision yet. I'm just glad he came back in the first place.
    ATG World XI
    1. J.B Hobbs 2. H. Sutcliffe 3. D.G Bradman 4. W.R Hammond 5. G.S Sobers 6. M.J Procter 7. A.C Gilchrist 8. M.D Marshall 9. S.K Warne 10. M. Muralitharan 11. G.D McGrath

Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    I hope SBW plays..

This is the sort of squad I expect to see and I think overall it is a good one.

1 Kevin LOCKE
    2 Jason NIGHTINGALE
    3 Shaun KENNY DOWALL
    4 Dean WHARE
    5 Manu VATUVEI
    6 Kieran FORAN
    7 Shaun JOHNSON
    8 Jesse BROMWICH
    9 Issac LUKE
    10 Jared WAEREA-HARGREAVES
    11 Sonny Bill WILLIAMS
    12 Kevin PROCTOR
    13 Simon MANNERING

14 Elijah TAYLOR
    15 Ben MATULINO
    16 Frank PRITCHARD
    17 Sam MCKENDRY

18 Sam PERRETT 19 Alex GLENN 20 Sam RAPIRA 21 Thomas LEULUAI 22 Josh HOFFMAN 23 Lewis BROWN 24 Greg EASTWOOD

Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, Adam Blair, Konrad Hurrell, Tohu Harris and Frank Paul Nuuausala are in the mix.

EDIT - Take out Lewis Brown from the squad if Jeremy Smith is still available (he probably should start at 13, Mannering to 12 and Proctor/Pritchard fight it out for a bench spot).
    OUT
    Whare and Rapira

IN
    Inu and Kasiano - I forgot about the Doggies pair.

Don't be jealous of the Georgie Pie super smash
    Why Hargreaves? He has a good mentality but doesn't seem big enough for that particular jersey number.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I got great enjoyment in going to the game and shouting "WHY THE **** ISN'T THIS GAME BEING PLAYED AT THE BASIN?!>!?!?" to reasonably significant cheers from the sparse crowd
    Proudly against the bring back Bennett movement since he is injury prone and won't last 5 days.

Not big enough? How big do you want him? He is one of the best props in the NRL. One of the more obvious choices for my money. Also, can you explain your earlier comment that your number 7 will hurt you?

Don't be jealous of the Georgie Pie super smash
    Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    Not big enough? How big do you want him? He is one of the best props in the NRL. One of the more obvious choices for my money. Also, can you explain your earlier comment that your number 7 will hurt you?
    I'm just here to throw stones at others' content as I am too inept to make original posts of my own so I am not going to respond about Johnson.

Just Kidding - although I can think of various CW posters who in cricket chat seem to take a counter punching attitude to posting rather than contributing new ideas.

On Johnson - he is a noob on the international stage and I thought his noobness showed in the last test regardless of how good he looks for the warriors.

On Hargreaves - never mind me I just googled his stats and he is 6 foot 4 - just doesn't stand out against the other men mountains on show. Some believe he has discipline issues at the highest level with regards to giving away dumb penalties on the 5th tackle etc.

In terms of contributing my own content - Australia will walk this unless they read their own press and believe they can just turn up. Most Aussie fans (and I ran a poll on cricsim) are taking the other nations seriously, but some aren't and say that Australia has a 100% chance of winning. And if that type of cockiness permeates the coaching staff then Aussie will get bundled out in an upset at some stage.

I personally think Aussie have a 75% chance of victory primarily because the officiating at the international level seems to allow the aussies to go offside on defence on every play. Either that or the Aussie line speed is just phenomenally fast when they put on a Roos jumper. A good carry by a kiwi in the last test was 4 metres because the defence was meeting us 2 metres away from the line of the ruck. Often 1 metre. That was the difference in the teams the last few internationals we have played against each other that and the fact your interchange bench has super stars on it and when they come on to the field all fresh they blow us away.

I'd have RTS over Nightingale tbh, and I've generally been a Nightingale fan. He just hasn't been himself this year.

This is the only international sport I don't religiously cheer for Australia. Like seeing other nations do well. Cheering on filthy Queenslanders is tough to do as well.
    Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.

Too many bones, not enough CASH!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZwgu8_b0Vw

RIP Craig

England squad

BBC:

England squad: Carl Ablett (Leeds), Tom Briscoe (Hull), George Burgess, Sam Burgess, Tom Burgess (all South Sydney), Rob Burrow (Leeds), Josh Charnley (Wigan), Rangi Chase (Castleford), Leroy Cudjoe (Huddersfield), Liam Farrell (Wigan), James Graham (Canterbury Bulldogs), Ryan Hall (Leeds), Zak Hardaker (Leeds), Chris Hill (Warrington), Gareth Hock (Widnes), Michael McIlorum (Wigan), Lee Mossop (Wigan), Sean O'Loughlin (Wigan), James Roby (St Helens), Kevin Sinfield (Leeds, capt), Sam Tomkins (Wigan), Kallum Watkins (Leeds), Ben Westwood (Warrington), Gareth Widdop (Melbourne).

I guess, (un)lucky Luke Burgess aside, the most notable absences are Morley, Crabtree & Jon Wilkin.

We're very well served at prop anyway, so Wilkin's maybe the biggest surprise as he covers stand off, lock and second row. I'd have probably had him in there instead of Farrell, myself.

That said Westwood's cheap shot on Blake Green in the GF might yet mean he misses out.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    Crabtree annoys me for some unknown reason.

Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post
    Crabtree annoys me for some unknown reason.
    There's a lot to work with there, tbf: the hair, the (misspelled) American first name & the fact he's Big Daddy's great nephew for starters.

In another life Eorl Crabtree drives a pick-up and sets fires to crosses on black folks' lawns in Alabama.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information