Premier League Tipping 2013/14
This could be interesting, but I'm going to take Brumby's advice from last year and have a crack at running this.
It'll be almost exactly the same as the classic format, with a couple of minor tweaks. The rules, for anyone new to this or who needs a refresher course, are as follows (changes in bold):
1) 1 point per correct tip. A bonus point will be on offer for a correct tip that nobody else makes. So for instance, if I am the only person to tip Swansea to beat Man Utd, and Swansea win, then that tip is worth 2 points.
2) Bonus points will be awarded for the week's top tipper(s), but these will only be used to separate posters who are on the same number of actual tips. As we have midweek games up here weeks are deemed to run from Saturday to Friday.
3) No editing of tips. At all. If you change your mind please quote your original tips in a new post. Avoids any potential skullbuggery and it's less easy to miss tips for me.
4) Non-submitters get the lowest score, minus one point, for the week for three weeks, then will be removed from the comp.
5) Latecomers join on the lowest actual score so far minus one point.
6) Tips for postponed games will not be carried forward. So if you tip Man Utd to beat Wigan in January, it gets rained off and rearranged for April, you'll need to tip again at the time of the rescheduled fixture. Less of a ball-ache for me, basically.
7) As we have 3 potential results & teams often play more than once a week please C&P the whole fixture and highlight your winner or write "draw" beside the fixture and highlight that.
8) Tips must be submitted before kickoff to be valid.