• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Most hated sporting team

Most Hated Sporting Team

• Sydney/Easts Roosters (NRL)

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • South Africa (Cricket)

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • U.S.A. (Basketball/Anything)

Votes: 12 11.9%
  • Ford (Motor Racing)

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Spain (Davis Cup)

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • N.S.W. (State of Origin)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • England (Rugby Union)

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • New Zealand (Rugby League)

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Australian Cricket Team

Votes: 25 24.8%
  • Manchester United (Soccer)

Votes: 37 36.6%

• Total voters

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
As much as I despise most of these teams my Maroon blood boils mid-year when the Origin Series is in the air.

masterblaster

International Captain
Im sure many of the Englishmen on this forum will state the Australian Cricket Team.

I personally don't like Manchester United to be honest.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
For me, it has to be Manure.

I certainly don't hate the Aussie cricket team - what's to hate?

(apart from the bitching, the arrogance, the success, the Pommie bashing, idiocy (Hookes), Warney's chemistry set)

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
dont like

Man U (football)
Ford (motor)
Spain (tennis)
Roosters (NRL)
QLD (RL)
England (Cricket, rugby, football)
USA (pretty much everything...)

iamdavid

International Debutant
Hmm , so many teams I really hate , yet which do I hate the most , suprised the English Rugby team wasnt included , or for that matter their cricket team.

I really hate Man utd , I really , really hate the springboks (rugby) but most of all I hate the American swimming team :!( :!(

So USA is close enough.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
iamdavid said:
Hmm , so many teams I really hate , yet which do I hate the most , suprised the English Rugby team wasnt included , or for that matter their cricket team.

I really hate Man utd , I really , really hate the springboks (rugby) but most of all I hate the American swimming team :!( :!(

So USA is close enough.
The Endland Rugby team is there - 7th option.

If a moderater wants to go to the effort of including Man U and the Aussie cricket team because they seem to be the most popular not included teams.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Man U ****es me off, even more than American Football...which I hate with a passion.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
FOOTBALL
Manchester United
Liverpool
Arsenal
Hull City
S****horpe United
Plymouth Argyle
Torquay United

CRICKET
New South Wales
Australia
India
Surrey
Yorkshire

OTHER SPORTS
USA
Australia

Craig

World Traveller
AC Milan, Lazio, Juventus, FC Porto (I dont support Portugalese football though), Arsenal, Brisbane Broncos, Sydney Roosters (stupid arrogrant...), Leeds Whinos.

masterblaster

International Captain
Neil Pickup said:
Cmon Neil, you don't like the Indian team or don't you like its utterly insane, delusional, obsessive and dimwitted fans???

If you meet each of the Indian players I have met, you'll come to realise that they are extremely likeable, hardworking, sincere and nice people.

Dravid, Laxman, Agarkar, Srinath, Tendulkar are all gems when it comes to personality and (niceness).

Bazza

International 12th Man
iamdavid said:
but most of all I hate the American swimming team :!( :!(
Just because they're better than you! Aussies really can't take losing can they?!?!

You a big swimming fan David?

Tom Halsey

International Coach
I would like to point out that Mancheter United are the most popular footie team in the world. I, for one, support them. My most disliked footie teams are: Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Derby (sorry, Eddie) Millwall

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
halsey said:
I would like to point out that Mancheter United are the most popular footie team in the world. I, for one, support them. My most disliked footie teams are: Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Derby (sorry, Eddie) Millwall
That's all right. At least you don't support Leeds.

A few years ago, when the debate about a European breakaway league was raging, there was this arrogant Man Utd supporter who rang in to a radio station bemoaning the fact that they had to play 'the likes of Derby'.

He had good reason, too. We won at Old Trafford (yet again) the following week - and this was a Man U team with Cantona in it.

In all, Derby won 5 times in 10 visits to Old Trafford. You have every right to hate Derby. More's the pity that we are bound for the second division, perhaps never to return.

iamdavid

International Debutant
Bazza said:
Just because they're better than you! Aussies really can't take losing can they?!?!

You a big swimming fan David?
To an extent.

Its more due to the nature of the individuals than the fact they beat us.

[AM] HacKett will destroy USA in just 10 laps [/AM]