• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Most hated sporting team

Most Hated Sporting Team

• Sydney/Easts Roosters (NRL)

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • South Africa (Cricket)

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • U.S.A. (Basketball/Anything)

Votes: 12 11.9%
  • Ford (Motor Racing)

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Spain (Davis Cup)

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • N.S.W. (State of Origin)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • England (Rugby Union)

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • New Zealand (Rugby League)

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Australian Cricket Team

Votes: 25 24.8%
  • Manchester United (Soccer)

Votes: 37 36.6%

• Total voters

iamdavid

International Debutant
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
A couple more...

LA Lakers and New York Yankees.
I dont mind the Lakers that much , a lot of people just hate em because they're winning everything lately (well...not last year).

But I really hate the Raptors.......Vince Carter .......grrrr :!( :!(

Langeveldt

Soutie
South Africa cricket?? Whats all that about? Who voted!?? Who is there to hate? (Apart from Graeme Smith lol):P

My selections

Football
Leeds United
Manchester United

Cricket
Sri Lanka
Yorkshire

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
masterblaster said:
Cmon Neil, you don't like the Indian team or don't you like its utterly insane, delusional, obsessive and dimwitted fans???

If you meet each of the Indian players I have met, you'll come to realise that they are extremely likeable, hardworking, sincere and nice people.

Dravid, Laxman, Agarkar, Srinath, Tendulkar are all gems when it comes to personality and (niceness).
Pretty much a case of the fans do my nut in, and I enjoy seeing the side lose so they shut up for a few days.

I am having huge difficulty deciding who I want to win the current series.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Yeah Thats the only reason I put Leeds United down... Fans..

Although a cynic would say most of the thugs are on the pitch..

"Most of the thugs are on the pitch"

Craig

World Traveller
I also dont like the French football team (soccer). If it werent for all those nationalised "French" players, their team wouldnt be that good.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Craig said:
I also dont like the French football team (soccer). If it werent for all those nationalised "French" players, their team wouldnt be that good.
I trust you hate the NZ rugby and England cricket teams for the same reason, then?

Langeveldt

Soutie
Neil Pickup said:
I trust you hate the NZ rugby and England cricket teams for the same reason, then?

I was thinking that, these guys i presume dont have long ancestry in the UK, and if you take them away, there is a gaping hole in the team! Past and present! You could say the same for football and athletics..

1. M Butcher
2. N Hussain
3. G Hick
4. M Ramprakash
5. K Pietersen
6. A Caddick
7. V Solanki
8. K Ali
9. C White (aussie ancestry????)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Langeveldt said:
I was thinking that, these guys i presume dont have long ancestry in the UK, and if you take them away, there is a gaping hole in the team! Past and present! You could say the same for football and athletics..

1. M Butcher
2. N Hussain
3. G Hick
4. M Ramprakash
5. K Pietersen
6. A Caddick
7. V Solanki
8. K Ali
9. C White (aussie ancestry????)
A list of 9, of which 2 are 1st choice picks, and 1 of those is from Croydon (and his Dad was as well) - gaping hole left there! :)

And the England Football team? Can't think of 1 in there that is from overseas.

Craig

World Traveller
Neil Pickup said:
I am not English, and I do support the All Blacks.

I'm interested in why Liam hates Real Madrid.

I hate them because they didnt pay Inter any money when they signed Ronaldo after his falling out with Hector Cuper.

Man I hate it when teams do that. :!( :!(

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Craig said:
I hate them because they didnt pay Inter any money when they signed Ronaldo after his falling out with Hector Cuper.
But they did pay for him, and FIFA recently prdered the remainder of the fee to be paid since Solari refused to move.

Craig

World Traveller
I know that and that was due to Inter taking action as well.

I think I also read about Ronaldo (I think it's him) going back to Inter since Cuper got fired for Ivan Cordoba who is a defender.

I wouldnt want Cordoba going anywhere. Personally they can keep him.

Ford_GTHO351

U19 Vice-Captain
Out of those options, it has to be the English Rugby Team esp. after they won against us (Australia) in the 2003 RWC.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
halsey said:
I hate every one of those options, apart from Man United - and Marc, I know, I know!:P
Well you're the one that called yourself a true Manure fan - not my fault your location fits the stereotype...

Cloete

International Captain
Man U
Roosters
and NSW (S.O.R)

all take the cake. three way tie. Man u and Roosters are just bloody arrogant, annoying and egotistical pricks :P. NSW because they beat us :(

hank_thebigman

Cricket Spectator
i hate the brisbane broncos with the NRL and i hate the Maroons for origin and Queensland bulls in the Pura/ING cups. I cringe whenever they do well