• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2013-14

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Were on top before they scored their first but have done nothing since.

Automatic promotion already looking a very distant prospect.

cpr

International Coach
Sunderlands big problem is they cannot attract top names due to the fact they'd have to live near Sunderland. Even for an sub par footballers intelligence thats still a no brainer.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Pretty awesome round of Cup games so far. Somehow don't think Suarez's return will go quietly. ;)

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
It was pretty much known that it was going to happen, so that doesn't really give any new news. Guess it takes away any chance of him changing his mind though.

And in fact, that article has now been updated to say that Lewa has "denied he'll definitely go", so it really does leave us at square one.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
& yet your first string was abject against them. Weird start for United; Moyes should be grateful to be at a club that is more likely than any other to give him the time he deserves. Abramovich would have had his finger on the trigger about now.

Alas I could be proved wrong because, well, why would you sack Ferguson, but for all their many faults (I.e the fact they are United) they seem like the sort of club who know a manager will need time.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
& yet your first string was abject against them. Weird start for United; Moyes should be grateful to be at a club that is more likely than any other to give him the time he deserves. Abramovich would have had his finger on the trigger about now.

Alas I could be proved wrong because, well, why would you sack Ferguson, but for all their many faults (I.e the fact they are United) they seem like the sort of club who know a manager will need time.
I don't think there was much difference in the two games to be honest. They were both pretty tight and not particularly impressive. Honestly most of our games with Liverpool have been like that for a few years now.

Which team is winning really changes the complexion of those types of games though. "Getting dicked on" becomes "sitting back" and "no cutting edge" becomes "controlling the game".

I hope no one is seriously thinking of sacking Moyes. I'd only think about letting him go if we finish outside the top four or his position becomes untenable for other reasons. Woodward can go sit on a brick though.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I just don't think you can expect him to be good straight away. I've been critical of him when he's clearly got some things wrong. But Ferguson tried to build a side with lots of options, so it's really easy to choose the wrong ones, and he's been in charge for no time at all. Anyone would have made mistakes at this stage, and the club really landed him in it by botching their summer transfer business so badly. Most of the time you'd get away with a few early balls-ups but not with a fixture list like this one, which also magnifies the mistakes because the media coverage is so intense for big games.

I wasn't a massive fan of his appointment but I have a lot of sympathy for him at the moment.

grecian

Honestly, I know it goes against all footballing instincts but they really should consider seeding this mickey-mouse cup. One of Arse-Chelsea go out now, we could easily see another crap final.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Thought the Arsenal youngsters did well last night; stood up nicely considering the pressure of the shootout.

Bloody Bendtner though. The guy absolutely reeks of confidence, if only he was actually good. Was ice cool when putting his pen away.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Honestly, I know it goes against all footballing instincts but they really should consider seeding this mickey-mouse cup. One of Arse-Chelsea go out now, we could easily see another crap final.
Yeah, as Furball said, most of the big clubs don't really care. It's surplus games for any team in the Champions League. I just hope we don't play a strong team against Chelsea, our squad is thin enough as it is, and we don't need the extra games, let alone the risk of further injury or fatigue.

grecian

I will be supporting Spurs today, primarily so I can sing "everywhere go you always take Lamella with you"

epic.