• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2013-14

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Haha, I remember when Roseboy kept on saying how ****e Tevez was after we all called him out for being biased towards Utd players. Of all the players he could have picked...
Not quite sure that's how it all went. Was more my dislike of Tevez than anything rational there.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I'm still not sure this will happen. Still think it's a SISU long game. The fact is ACL cannot realistically exist without the club and SISU are trying to show ACL that they can exist without ACL.

The only options I can seriously see are ACL selling half/all of the ground to SISU or SISU being bought out by someone who is prepared to repay some of the money SISU have ploughed into the club (and then buying half/all the ground)

It isn't helped by the majority of Coventry fans being very vocal morons who don't understand basic finance.

Comments like "why doesn't the administrator reveal how much the losing bidders offered" ignore the fact that they won't have offered over £12m (which is what the 26.8p in the pound or whatever it is equates to) - OTIUM can do that because most of the money is owed to SISU, so can be intercompany loaned.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
They won't pay the wages/fee. Well the club would but Wenger won't. Anyway if he leaves Liverpool he'll surely leave England won't he?
Not necessarily. He wants away from Liverpool, certainly, but his 'everyone in England hates me' was designed to get the scousers onside. And given their love of a victim, they obliged.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Not necessarily. He wants away from Liverpool, certainly, but his 'everyone in England hates me' was designed to get the scousers onside. And given their love of a victim, they obliged.
No, using that excuse to get a transfer has had the opposite effect.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Crazy stuff, this is as well as Higuain we can assume? Arsenal are actually going to spend money then.

Obviously I don't expect them to get him but a sign of intent.

Next season just keeps getting more interesting.

Pothas

Swansea look like they are getting Bony. I know you can never entierly trust goals scored in the Dutch league (Alfonso Alves) but that would appear to be a great move for them, amazing how they just improve year on year.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Great signing. Bit jealous, we're going to end up with Arouna Kone, who, despite looking reasonably good whenever he's come up against us, will undoubtedly flop, and end up with similar returns to that ones he managed at Sevilla. Ah well, least we've got Velios, Anichebe and Jelavic to bang the goals in......:dry:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
This Suarez to Arsenal business is pretty hilarious, not least because it shows what stature Liverpool have these days (in danger of being pushed around in the transfer market by Arsenal, of all people).

Can't see the transfer happening. Even if Arsenal have a bid accepted, they are most likely going to be gazumped by Real Madrid, I should have thought. Fantastic statement of intent though.

Must say, despite disliking Suarez a fair amount, he is unquestionably the exact kind of player who would fit fantastically well with Arsenal's style of play, and he is bloody good. I'd be all for his signing to be honest, but his, shall we say, questionable, temperament would make him a huge risk.

Pothas

Suarez and Higuain would be such a ridiculously massive upgrade on last year.

It does rather remind me of the Newcaslte bid for Rooney all those years ago though, I mean we all know he is going somewhere else.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah, if Arsenal were to sign both of them, Podolski would be out the door. Giroud might not be far behind either. Especially if Arsenal sign Rooney as well. What a front 3 that would be :laugh:

King Pietersen

International Captain
That definitely won't happen. Rooney's not leaving United this year. To be honest, given Arsenal's track record in recent seasons, it wouldn't surprise me if they ended the summer stuck with Podolski, Giroud and Sanogo as their front 3. Higuain's looking the most likely to join them at the minute though. He's back with Real Madrid, but not training with the full squad, is working on his fitness on his own apparently; though the rumours are that Ancelotti wants to keep him around, and they'll be talking this week. Saw this quote from Jose about Higuain on Twitter today:

Higuain is the laziest player I have ever managed. If he was allowed, he'd come to training in a pyjama.
Just what Arsenal need! :laugh:

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
This Suarez to Arsenal business is pretty hilarious, not least because it shows what stature Liverpool have these days (in danger of being pushed around in the transfer market by Arsenal, of all people).

Can't see the transfer happening. Even if Arsenal have a bid accepted, they are most likely going to be gazumped by Real Madrid, I should have thought. Fantastic statement of intent though.

Must say, despite disliking Suarez a fair amount, he is unquestionably the exact kind of player who would fit fantastically well with Arsenal's style of play, and he is bloody good. I'd be all for his signing to be honest, but his, shall we say, questionable, temperament would make him a huge risk.
Yeah, I honestly don't see it happening.

I'm very conflicted; I mean I think Rooney's a common or garden wuckfit but Suarez is actually a proper see you next time.

Against that he is (arguably) the most lavishly gifted player currently gracing the English game. Has a wonderfully deft touch (best I've seen since Bergkamp) and is the kind of footballer one would actually happily pay to watch.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
There's plenty of talk going round that it's Arsenal playing games with Real Madrid, and attempting to force them into making a bid so that they will speed up the sale of Higuain, which would make sense.

How the whole situation impacts on Liverpool is pretty funny though. It's a pretty damning reflection on how other clubs and players now view them, struggling to keep their top players, creeping further and further towards the mid-table. That they have lost out on Mkhitaryan because they can't offer him the chance to play in the Champions League just further reflects how their stature and allure is probably at the lowest it's been since I've been watching football.