• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2013-14

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Reckon Özil will probably take the number 11 shirt. Pressure's really on following in the footsteps of the legendary Andre Santos.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Reckon Özil will probably take the number 11 shirt. Pressure's really on following in the footsteps of the legendary Andre Santos.
I already made that point in an edit earlier. another edit, someone said it was an even bigger upgrade then Vivas to Pires, number 7. Sledger to disagree.

Last edited:

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That's a pretty good signing; he's much better than Baines.
What makes you think that? I dunno how you could even judge, he's only played about 1/3 of Madrid's games this past couple of years. I'd have said Baines is a lot better than him.

Fellaini's a good signing too. But we paid £4m more than his release clause, plus we didn't get him for the games against Liverpool and Chelsea, it's pretty embarrassing. The whole window's been a mess, all of United's comically bad transfer business conducted in public after years of secrecy and professionalism. Reaffirms my belief that their dominance of English football ended with Fergie's retirement.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
That's a pretty good signing; he's much better than Baines.
Perhaps, but whats wrong with Evra, not sure any of it's going to help their lack of creativity.
Yeah exactly - I like Coentrao but Evra is surely good for another year or two and neither of them are going to be happy as a reserve.

Meh, I'm still trying to deal with paying £27.5m for Fellaini when we could have got him for £4m less than that at any time in June or July. ****ing amateurs.

Last edited:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I'm assuming that Everton put in some sort of agreement with Man Utd when it came to Moyes leaving that Fellaini's clause couldn't be activated. Otherwise the way he's been pursued doesn't make sense.

Last edited:

Uppercut

It gets better: apparently they tried to get Coentrao on loan but the fax arrived too late and it won't happen.

The Herrerra negotiations were actually conducted by imposters pretending to be United's CEO :laugh:

grecian

It gets better: apparently they tried to get Coentrao on loan but the fax arrived too late and it won't happen.

The Herrerra negotiations were actually conducted by imposters pretending to be United's CEO :laugh:
Yeah, I've heard this, sure there will be more on that story:laugh:

Uppercut

Yeah exactly - I like Coentrao but Evra is surely good for another year or two and neither of them are going to be happy as a reserve.

Meh, I'm still trying to deal with paying £27.5m for Fellaini when we could have got him for £4m less than that at any time in June or July. ****ing amateurs.
They could just rotate, we have plenty of games. Evra's getting too old to have no reserve.

Jarquis

Lukaku out on loan is baffling. If we were sniffing around Ba we should have got in on that.... but oh well....

MESUT ****ING OEZIL

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Lukaku out on loan is baffling. If we were sniffing around Ba we should have got in on that.... but oh well....

MESUT ****ING OEZIL
I think the issue with Ba was that Chelsea didn't want to loan him to us. Which is fair enough.

Also, hit alt0214.

Jarquis

They said he was ours for the year for £3m and we offered £1.5m. In a window where we just tripled our club record fee. I****innorite.