• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2013-14

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
How long till I can get rid of this piece of **** avatar Corrin?
Er I can't remember. Think it was 12 weeks which would be about now I would have thought.

Go ahead and change it, you've done your time. Which reminds me, I can change mine. But I cbf to switch to normal skin on my phone or turn on the computer. B****s for one day longer.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Citeh are also unloading a heck of a lot of wages by getting rid of Tevez. I heard a rumour that it will save them something stupid like £12 Million this year by not having to pay Tevez

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's a hosing on the price, and he's a great player, but I think it's probably a good move for City. Always thought he and Aguero never particularly complemented each other.
Ah I'd have said he was the best partner for Aguero by miles.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Paulinho to Spurs looks like it is going to happen, looks a good buy based on what we have seen in Confederations Cup.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Ah I'd have said he was the best partner for Aguero by miles.
I didn't really watch a great deal of City's games last year to be honest, so I may well be wrong on this point. Going further back, in the 2011/12 season, I remember a couple of times when they both really turned it on whilst playing together. Remember fewer times from the season just gone, though iirc Aguero was hit with injuries for a fair bit of it. Perhaps it was the system Mancini attempted to play, but I just never really got the feeling that they were especially well suited to playing with each other. That's not to say they were bad together, I just...dunno, was never exactly bowled over by their pairing.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
And whilst I think Tevez and Aguero work together well in terms of hustle and defensive pressure I don't think they worked particularly well together for us in important games where you need a decent header of the ball. Barcelona are short but their midfield is amazing (ours isn't) and we need an outlet wide and someone who can finish a cross. Neither could do it particularly well.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Unless they're confident of replacing him I'd say so, can't imagine us starting the season with Aguero and Guidetti as our only striking options.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
And whilst I think Tevez and Aguero work together well in terms of hustle and defensive pressure I don't think they worked particularly well together for us in important games where you need a decent header of the ball. Barcelona are short but their midfield is amazing (ours isn't) and we need an outlet wide and someone who can finish a cross. Neither could do it particularly well.
The way I saw it was that there isn't a lot of point in Dzeko because the team doesn't normally cross much. Bit of a chicken and egg thing. I reckon he was at his best coming off the bench when you needed a goal and the other team was dropping into their own box, sort of like Hernandez.

It'd be a surprise if you don't sign another striker but I think you might be going to one up front with Silva moving into a CF-type role now that Navas has taken his position.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Loving this summer from a Brentford point of view. Will Grigg the latest signing, 19 goals in League One last year and just not the sort of player we would have been able to get in the past. One more player and I am more thsn happy with the squad. Now for the hard bit, keeping what we already have.