• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2013-14

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good day to be a Salop fan. Two players sign new deals (Taylor and Goldson) sign Mkandawire and announce a pre season friendly with Galatasaray.

Now sign some bloody strikers.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Watched a program on ESPN about former Arsenal players tonight, really interesting. I miss Sol.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Speaking of ex-Arsenal players, Tony Adams seems to be running his mouth a lot in the media recently. Much as I love the guy, he needs to STFU.

Not sure how he can be outraged at not being consulted on management issues at Arsenal, when his record as anything other than a player is absolutely terrible. The fact that he's now attempting to claim Rooney would be a poor signing is also baffling.

Not that it will ever happen, but the idea of him becoming Arsenal manager is absolutely terrifying. Just as well it's already well known that he's a cack manager, otherwise I'd be worried he might be given the opportunity.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Ancelotti confirmed as Real boss, in news that will come as a surprise to no one.

Isco looking more and more likely to be his first signing, after seeming almost nailed on for City a few days ago.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
A shame if that is the casie, I really wanted to see Isco at City, he really is going to be outrageously good.

Not sure where he will fit in at Real anyway, Ronaldo and Ozil very much in the way.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Sounds as if Real are going to boot out Benzema and Di Maria, and Higuain to Arsenal is looking more and more like a done deal, so can see him getting a fair few opportunities.

Pothas

Yeah no doubt they will make another couple of big signings as well, gone a bit quiet on the Bale front of late.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
According to Absolute Classic Rock (authoritative source for football), Cavani to Chelsea for 50 million is a done deal. Mourinho type of player, tracks back and works his ass off. Not sure the trio of Mata, Hazard and Oscar will go down too well with him. Though imagine those four guys together in a team not managed by Mourinho, be awesome to watch.

Last edited:

Pothas

Were some rumours that he was going to let Mata go which would seem fairly ridiculous.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
There's something about him that makes him the least Mourinho-like out of that trio for me, so I can kind of see it. Would obviously be a nonsense decision though. Maybe they could sell him to Arsenal...

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Tevez to Juve fee agreed - £10m upfront, rising to £12m with add-ons.

Higuain to Arsenal closer now that Juve's appetite for an Argie striker has apparently been satisfied?

Last edited:

Pothas

Decent business for Juventus, as long as Tevez does not go on any golfing holidays. Llorente and Tevez is a significant upgrade.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It sounds on the cheap side but his wages will be massive.

I'm just glad he's not playing for Citeh now, I've always rated him really highly, such a complete striker- would be brilliant to play in attack with and a ****ing nightmare to play in defence against. We really missed him after he left and despite the ambivalence of a lot of their fans I really think Citeh will too.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
It sounds on the cheap side but his wages will be massive.

I'm just glad he's not playing for Citeh now, I've always rated him really highly, such a complete striker- would be brilliant to play in attack with and a ****ing nightmare to play in defence against. We really missed him after he left and despite the ambivalence of a lot of their fans I really think Citeh will too.
Haha, I remember when Roseboy kept on saying how ****e Tevez was after we all called him out for being biased towards Utd players. Of all the players he could have picked...

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Citeh must've been keen to get rid. They've taken an absolute hosing on the price.

I know it's not really an issue for them, but they paid best part of three times the reported fee they're getting from Juve.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
It's a hosing on the price, and he's a great player, but I think it's probably a good move for City. Always thought he and Aguero never particularly complemented each other.