• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2013-14

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Impressed with how the club is handling this so far. Silly Luis. :(

Ready for the football to start!

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
David Luiz to Barcelona looks likely. Common sense and the word on the street both suggest he'll want to go, and he's a much better fit for Barca than Chelsea so you'd think they can come to an agreement. I doubt they want to be in the business of selling first-team players to Barca though, especially since there's no obvious replacement lined up. It depends how much Jose rates him.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
David Luiz to Barcelona looks likely. Common sense and the word on the street both suggest he'll want to go, and he's a much better fit for Barca than Chelsea so you'd think they can come to an agreement. I doubt they want to be in the business of selling first-team players to Barca though, especially since there's no obvious replacement lined up. It depends how much Jose rates him.
I doubt he rates him at all, they've got plenty of quality mid-fielders, and he can be a liability at the back. Jose would probably prefer a solid non-nonsense centre-back.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, everything I've read indicates that Mourinho doesn't rate him at all - probably just a case now of how much they can squeeze out of Barca.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Suarez going to be going now surley? I hope it happens soon because I am bored of this transfer window now.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I love how Rodgers is bleating on about how Liverpool is all about 'Respect, humility and real dignity'. Has obviously conveniently forgotten about Kenny Dalglish.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I love how Rodgers is bleating on about how Liverpool is all about 'Respect, humility and real dignity'. Has obviously conveniently forgotten about Kenny Dalglish.
And of course loyalty, because he's never once controversially stormed out of a club to take up a job somewhere better.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Never mind Dalglish, he seems to have conveniently forgotten his agreement with Suarez. Respect is a two way street.

Suarez has also taken ages to speak out on the question of leaving Liverpool, he's shown them plenty of respect.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Pretty sure their manager before their current one was someone you'd dislike

And the biggest **** in football (fact) was their manager for years, still bringing his dire brand of football to tv screens around the world in the prem

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
The Hawkeye system being employed this season looks very clever. Most importantly, it shouldn't hold up the game at all.

So many sports are ruined with the continual reviewing of every decision, I'd love for football not to go down that path.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
The Hawkeye system being employed this season looks very clever. Most importantly, it shouldn't hold up the game at all.

So many sports are ruined with the continual reviewing of every decision, I'd love for football not to go down that path.
I agree, football being ruined by crap decisions is much better.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Each to their own - I'd prefer a free-flowing game over every little decision being right.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I'm not sure I can think of any sports that are being ruined by DRS type things tbh, let alone many. Besides, the free flowing nature of football is already interupted by people complaining about contentious decisions, I'm not sure introducing some sort of DRS would make things any worse. So long as it's used sensibly.