• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2013-14

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Credit to Liverpool, they absolutely humiliated Tottenham.

One suspects the knives are being drawn so far as AVB is concerned. Getting thrashed 5-0 at home without managing a shot on target is terrible whichever way you slice it, and that's before you consider the level of investment that's gone into their squad. At least he's not rolling out the excuses/demanding respect this week.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Liverpool were impressive, Spurs were pants. You would think it may be difficult for Spurs and Man U to make Champions League now as they have to catch the top 5 and hope that 2 of them drop off. I doubt Everton will do it but they look good this season and have only lost once despite playing all the big guns now.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
City vs Barcelona
Olympiakos vs United
Milan vs Atletico
Leverkusen vs PSG
Galatasaray vs Chelsea
Schalke vs Real Madrid
Zenit vs Dortmund
Arsenal vs Bayern

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
According to Guardian, AVB just got sacked.
No great surprise. Wonder who will come in. Luis Enrique mentioned after the City defeat and there are the Baldini connections but still seems strange, has done nothing in his managerial career.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Olympiakos is IMO one of the worse draws we could have got. Still should win though really.

City v Barcelona should be excellent. Suspect Arsenal are heading out though.

Uppercut

I thought it was one of the better ones. But tbf I haven't seen much of them lately.

They were all horrible draws but Arse and Citeh got the most horrible ones possible.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Obviously the big news of the day is Bees bringing in David Weir as assistant manager, pretty happy with our appointments over the last week.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
I thought it was one of the better ones. But tbf I haven't seen much of them lately.

They were all horrible draws but Arse and Citeh got the most horrible ones possible.
Well compared to Milan (12th in Italy), Schalke (6th in Germany, comfortably worse than Leverkusen), Galatasaray (miles off top in Turkey, hardly the strongest of leagues) they look quite tough.

Zenit probably the only side I'd have as close to as good but then they looked pretty rubbish in the group stages.

I don't think Olympiakos are that good but they're the toughest draw IMO almost by default as everyone else we could have got are worse.

flibbertyjibber

Alan Smith on SSN said Capello was at White Hart Lane yesterday. With Baldini already there it starts a nice rumour anyway.