• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2013-14

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm more thinking of the specific language used and the fact that kids follow his twitter handle. Not the sort of thing sporting governing bodies like.

I mean, how long did Drogba get banned for for swearing after the CL semi? I know Wilshere himself didn't say the words, but he still initiated them going out to thousands, many of whom might use them for the first time on the playground on Monday.
**** me, stop worrying about the children, they all know the words he's just retweeting pathetic abuse, and showing it for what it is.

Anyway on more important matters I still don't get why Gow took our penalty, Nicholls is a machine with them. Would have given him an hat-trick and allowed me to breathe much easier.

cpr

International Coach
One thing I thought watching City v Arse was that Chesney (**** spelling) had pretty horrid positioning for the 3rd. You've got a technically adept Brazilian 25 yards out, why position yourself to encourage him to curl it into the top right corner? The flight of the ball means its always going to be too far away to save before curling back once its past you. Stand further that way and make him doubt the shot more. Tempt him into the other side where the flight of the ball means its nearer you as it passes, and is potentially curling away from goal as it reaches the posts - especially as to pull off that shot would need more power and less finesse.

Also felt he was weak in the second goal (though I'd only just turned the game on in time to see it replayed). Why dive as if you're expecting a shot accross goal - it was always going to go where it was if the striker gets more than half a touch on it. Infact, dive out and try and stop the ball either before it reaches the striker, or as soon as its come off the toes.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
I'm more thinking of the specific language used and the fact that kids follow his twitter handle. Not the sort of thing sporting governing bodies like.

I mean, how long did Drogba get banned for for swearing after the CL semi? I know Wilshere himself didn't say the words, but he still initiated them going out to thousands, many of whom might use them for the first time on the playground on Monday.
If that's an offence in the eyes of the FA/PL then consider me surprised. Definitely shouldn't be anyway.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente

Apparently Mertesacker was laying into him because of his failure to applaud the travelling fans. WAFG.

In other news, Koscielny out for a "lengthy period". He come the excuses...

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If that's an offence in the eyes of the FA/PL then consider me surprised. Definitely shouldn't be anyway.
I agree, I think the original signal to the fans is what will get him in trouble.

No problem with anyone retweeting abusive messages they get from morons, expose the fools for what they are.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator

I do like the way you think that this might lead to children hearing or using swear words for the first time.

In my experience most of them are entirely fluent by the age of 10.

Last edited:

grecian

The Steve Clarke sacking is just ****ing ludicrous, winning at manu and being utterly robbed of a win at Chelsea, not good enough nowadays, pathetic.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The moment you get a text saying "Clarke gone" and think to yourself that resigning when so close to winning the ashes is a bit drastic.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
You might say it's a bit of a harsh one for Steve Clarke, but when you look at the results, there's been very little for Brom to shout about this season other than the Man Utd game.

They've only won once in their last 10 games, for instance, and that was at home to Palace.

Edit: And in spite of that defeat, Palace have still won more matches this season than Brom.

Last edited:

grecian

Weird decision.

Wonder if they have someone else lined up ?
Well one can only think they do, particularly with the transfer window coming up, but stilI don't get it, yet if they appoint a promising manager like Southampton last year who knows.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
FTR, I don't really think that Wilshere retweet is warranting of any action. Was just looking at it from a Arsenal/FA perspective.

Pothas

Missed all the football today but what a great one it was for the Bees.

No idea if he will be a good pundit but just started watching MOTD and how great is Henry?

Last edited:

Eds

International Debutant
Sacking Clarke seems harsh but it really isn't a bad decision at all. WBA have 38 points in their last 40 games which is relegation-worthy. People still seem to think they're any good because Clarke has this reputation as a defensive mastermind when his sides' defensive records indicate much the contrary.

Eds

International Debutant
FTR, I don't really think that Wilshere retweet is warranting of any action. Was just looking at it from a Arsenal/FA perspective.
He'll get a ban for swearing at the fans for sure. Surely not for RTing abuse on Twitter though?

cpr

International Coach
It does seem to have fallen off at Brom, but I've not heard the normal complaints from my baggie friends as I did in the heady days of Megon, Robson etc.

Unless they've got a plan (that doesn't involve Holloway), then they should've let him try and get some players in in January

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
There's no way he'll be punished for re-tweeting, it'd be ridiculous, and maybe even unlawful in the context of freedom of expression and all that.