• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2013-14

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
If Man Utd play much better football with Kagawa and Rooney as opposed to Rooney and van Persie then it's debatable that van Persie is their best player.

Doesn't surprise me that Man Utd are playing better anyway, Arsenal scored more goals after we sold him.
Only took three internationals and £40m of talent coming in to do it as well....

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Who said anything about a prolonged period? I just said we should bench RVP on Sunday, even if he's fit. He's just coming back from a recurring injury and hasn't been playing that well anyway, and we've just had by far our best performance this season without him.

Then re-evaluate. Whatever happens vs. Spurs might make the next decision easy.

I'm definitely open to the idea of Rooney from the left at some stage.
Man Utd would win heavily with me up front, you can't read anything into games against joke sides.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Right, in light of that ridiculous decision at Swansea, a new proposal for "offside" goals.

If a goal is scored and the linesman flags for offside, it should automatically be reviewed using TV evidence to ensure that the linesman is correct.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Before I say this, I am an advocate of Kagawa through the middle, and I think he had a good game last night. But I think the hype about our performance is a bit out of proportion.

Sure, it was an above average performance. But that doesn't take much this season, does it? The basic difference between that performance and some of our other performances this season was that the ball kept going in as opposed to wide or whatever. Which is obviously good, but as it happens wasn't really down to Kagawa. We created no more clear cut openings than we have done for certain games where we have been criticised afterwards for playing badly.

I basically agree with the point being made, I just don't think last night was as good an argument for it as it looks.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
One goal conceded in 540 minutes of football in November btw, scored by a former Arsenal man, with Per not playing. So much for the slip up month.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think Aaron Ramsey may be the greatest guy in the world.
I hear Sledger still doesn't rate him.

Actually tough to call what's been the biggest CW mistake of recent years in football threads, this or Cpr saying he doesn't want United to sign RVP.

Still think CPR is ahead, because he did say he'd rather ManU sign Carroll.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
**** you and your Aaron Ramsey. James Wallace just gave the finest midfield performance I've seen in a long while, in his first start for a year. Incredible player. We wouldn't have choked last year if he'd not got injured. Never too late for a dart at the top six anyway. SWA

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Also we have some kid on loan from Liverpool called Kristof Peterson. Holy **** looks like some talent. Tore Colchester's right back a new arsehole.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Colchester are on the awful side, love them though, started our current run.

Jol is surley gone now.