• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Cross-Code Pissing Competition Thread

uvelocity

International Coach
score update:
afl 30cm
soccer 50cm
union 5cm
league 70cm

league clearly pissing further to date

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Here's a semi-serious question then:

Which of the football codes are most closely related?

Obviously league and union & Aussie Rules and Gaelic football are no-brainers, but what about association football? Is that Gaelic football too? I mean, they play with a round ball as well. If so is Aussie Rules more closely related to the world's game than the rugbys?

Where does gridiron fit in?
They all come from the same thing don't they? As I understand it, started with folk football which seems to have just been a big fight on a field, then eventually schools and universities started playing it but all with their own different rules.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Here's a semi-serious question then:

Which of the football codes are most closely related?

Obviously league and union & Aussie Rules and Gaelic football are no-brainers, but what about association football? Is that Gaelic football too? I mean, they play with a round ball as well. If so is Aussie Rules more closely related to the world's game than the rugbys?

Where does gridiron fit in?
I'd say that football (soccer) has the least in common with the other sports as all the others involve use of the hands and a far higher level of physicality

Obviously scoring in Aussie Rules involves kicking but aside from the players being spread out over the pitch, that is pretty much where the similarity with football ends

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah but the house prices are high due to the beach. It's a chicken and egg situation but not really.

AFL is the closest sport to netball out of the main sports mentioned so far.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I mean, don't get me wrong, I can't understand how people could live on it either.