• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Cross-Code Pissing Competition Thread

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
NRL, AFL, Union, EPL, Bring it in here you ****s, instead of stinking up individual sport threads with the increasingly common fuctardery that's spoiling them.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What are we supposed to do here exactly?
Well, I started by re-igniting a tiresome over-used argument to bait people. Even though I don't really give a ****.

I suggest you do something similar:D

Son Of Coco

I think it's a well-know fact rugby union was created to give private school pretty boys with hyphenated names and a fear of tackling something to do on the weekends while people with real skills played league.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
I think it's a well-know fact rugby union was created to give private school pretty boys with hyphenated names and a fear of tackling something to do on the weekends while people with real skills played league.
I've always said AFL was a bigger threat to Union than League. :ph34r:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Are the Sydney Roosters a Union team these days?

dermo

International Vice-Captain
actually its been well documented league was created for simpletons who couldn't understand the concept of a ruck or a contest for possession

Son Of Coco

You mean lying on each other waiting for a ball to pop out? It's not something that's easily understood to be fair.

If you'd have said "a contest to stay awake whilst watching" I'd fully agree with you. It's all about the tactics though...the tactics.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Soccer was created so in AFL, when players kick the ball off the ground for a goal, commentators could describe the act as the player "soccering it off the ground"

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Here's a semi-serious question then:

Which of the football codes are most closely related?

Obviously league and union & Aussie Rules and Gaelic football are no-brainers, but what about association football? Is that Gaelic football too? I mean, they play with a round ball as well. If so is Aussie Rules more closely related to the world's game than the rugbys?

Where does gridiron fit in?

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Soccer was created so in AFL, when players kick the ball off the ground for a goal, commentators could describe the act as the player "soccering it off the ground"
Up until I was 16, I thought they were saying "socketing".

I do not know why.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Gaelic football isn't a real sport, it's just something Irish nationalists invented to spite English people.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Cronulla-Sutherland
St. George-Illawarra
Canterbury-Bankstown

etc etc