• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NRL 2013 Tipping Thread

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Round 24

Friday 23 August
Broncos
Rabbitohs

Saturday 24 August
Dragons
Titans
Cowboys

Sunday 25 August
Sea Eagles
Storm

Monday 26 August
Roosters

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Round 24

Friday 23 August
Panthers vs Broncos
Rabbitohs vs Bulldogs

Saturday 24 August
Dragons vs Tigers
Titans vs Warriors
Cowboys vs Knights

Sunday 25 August
Raiders vs Sea Eagles
Storm vs Eels

Monday 26 August
Sharks vs Roosters

The 3 Saturday games are a bit difficult IMO, Tigers will put in a good showing at the SCG I think. I'm tipping Warriors who are playing for their season to have a big game. Also decided to pick Sharks; if I was winning by 1 I probably wouldn't have, but I just think they match up quite well against Roosters, especially in the forwards and even on the bench with LOD suspended.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
We should add some strategy and include joker rounds next season.
What's a joker round? I'd be interested in ways the league could be spiced up in 2014 if others were keen.

A few friends of mine have a challenge concept in their league. Basically you can challenge any other member once a season when your team plays their team, and that match is worth 5 points for either player. Sounds interesting but would seriously disadvantage guys like Burgey or Uv. Perhaps a restriction on having to be within three positions of the team you're challenging?

howardj

International Coach
Joker round is where you nominate, in advance, one round for which you get double points (so instead of one point for each correct tip in that round, you get two points)

You can nominate any round, but only one round out of the 26

So, you look for a round where there's a lot of one-sided contests...and hope to hell that they turn out that way

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I was involved in a tipping competition once where you scored 2 points for a win, 1 point for a loss. You didn't have to pick in every game, though we made it that you must pick in half or more of the matches per round. The ladder seemed to chop and change quite frequently.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Round 24

Friday 23 August
Panthers vs Broncos
Rabbitohs vs Bulldogs

Saturday 24 August
Dragons vs Tigers
Titans vs Warriors
Cowboys vs Knights

Sunday 25 August
Raiders vs Sea Eagles
Storm vs Eels

Monday 26 August
Sharks vs Roosters

howardj

International Coach
Round 24

Friday 23 August
Panthers vs Broncos
Rabbitohs vs Bulldogs

Saturday 24 August
Dragons vs Tigers
Titans vs Warriors
Cowboys vs Knights

Sunday 25 August
Raiders vs Sea Eagles
Storm vs Eels

Monday 26 August
Sharks vs Roosters

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Round 24

Friday 23 August
Panthers vs Broncos
Rabbitohs vs Bulldogs

Saturday 24 August
Dragons vs Tigers
Titans vs Warriors
Cowboys vs Knights

Sunday 25 August
Raiders vs Sea Eagles
Storm vs Eels

Monday 26 August
Sharks vs Roosters

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Friday 23 August
Panthers vs Broncos
Rabbitohs vs Bulldogs

Saturday 24 August
Dragons vs Tigers
Titans vs Warriors
Cowboys vs Knights

Sunday 25 August
Raiders vs Sea Eagles
Storm vs Eels

Monday 26 August
Sharks vs Roosters

Raiders is a bit of a WTF call, but the voodoo around sacked coaches is big, many teams win the game after their coach is sacked.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
A quick word from our sponsors:

There's a new round of the really rather spiffing NRL Last Man Standing competition starting this weekend. Why not prove what a big man you are and join in?

Linky.

As you were...

uvelocity

International Coach
What's a joker round? I'd be interested in ways the league could be spiced up in 2014 if others were keen.

A few friends of mine have a challenge concept in their league. Basically you can challenge any other member once a season when your team plays their team, and that match is worth 5 points for either player. Sounds interesting but would seriously disadvantage guys like Burgey or Uv. Perhaps a restriction on having to be within three positions of the team you're challenging?
haha **** off ****, penrith are having their once a decade good year this year. soak it up

sheagles
storms
rooters