Page 55 of 68 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: *Official* NRL 2013 Season thread

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Nah I hadn't heard that. I'll look into it. Usually a good night out at Parra Stadium even if the home side are ****. It's a good ground for watching footy.
    I've only been to Parra Stadium once. Was seedy from the night before and had just attempted the Killa Burger challenge, so I probably need to go again sometime to experience it properly again. I study with UNE, so occasionally get free ticket offers, but haven't taken them up on it yet.

BTW, just to explain my Broncos pick in the LMS, I think the Knights will struggle without Snowden and Mason. The inclusion of Cuthbertson from the bench can help the Knights, but if he is kept relatively quiet and the Broncos backrow trio of Thaiday, Gillett and Parker have big games, I think we can win in a vital much for us. Also, Broncos like almost always have a full 7 day turnaround, while the Knights only get the 5 days and played in a pretty tough match against the Roosters. I'll admit I'm speaking with my heart a bit, but I think $2.65 outsiders vs $1.50 Knights represents good value.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    TBF it's good watching the Eels at the moment because you can really see who's having a go and who isn't. The problem is, of the 5 or 6 blokes having a go, 4 or 5 aren't NRL players at all. Been an awful year. Worst I can recall as an Eels supporter.
    Really don't understand why they appointed Stuart

Guy is hardly the greatest coach and a prize arsehole to boot

If, as is rumored, there is internal trouble at the Eels, he would be more likely to add fuel to the fire than bring people together

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausage View Post
    Just can't stand that canned "Parra" chant they bring on.
    There's hardly likely to be a spontaneous Parra chant started this season, sadly.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

Quote Originally Posted by social View Post

If, as is rumored, there is internal trouble at the Eels, he would be more likely to add fuel to the fire than bring people together

Yeah he's certainly someone who polarises opinion. I wouldn't be surprised if the whole Hayne not playing this year thing is linked to some problem between them.

how good are all the ex-parra players going this year though burgeman
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I just love all kinds of balls.

My Dream Team next year will consist only of a squad of ex-Parra players. I'll get 25 easily, and they'll all go brilliantly. Justin Horo is this year's "WTF were they thinking?" contender.

my thoughts exactly the other night

Quote Originally Posted by social View Post

I can see why they went with him. They were hardly overflowing with good candidates for a rebuild of that magnitude.

Parra's just a bit of a cluster**** generally. They really lack an experienced, quality player in the 27-31 age bracket. Hayne's a great player but no captain. I mean Reni Maitua and Ben Smith are part of the "leadership" group ffs.
    Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.

Too many bones, not enough CASH!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZwgu8_b0Vw

RIP Craig

Quote Originally Posted by Ausage View Post
    I can see why they went with him. They were hardly overflowing with good candidates for a rebuild of that magnitude.

Parra's just a bit of a cluster**** generally. They really lack an experienced, quality player in the 27-31 age bracket. Hayne's a great player but no captain. I mean Reni Maitua and Ben Smith are part of the "leadership" group ffs.
    they're just ****, there's really not much to it, they just have a team of average players. tbf though a lot of the players they've bought recently were good but flopped when they got to parra, Sandow and Tonga being the obvious ones, and they got these shunts on big money which gives them no space to buy any new decent players.

Tonga has been such a disappointment but he just hasn't got the great ball that he used to get from Thurston constantly. The thing which would **** me to tears if I were a Parra fan is that fundamental mistakes. Kickoffs going too far, penalties failing to find touch, just dumb football.

They will be better next year, I wonder if 1 Hopoate 6 Hayne is any possibility?

International Debutant
    I'm grateful to Parra for taking that filthy lump of **** Sandow off Souths' hands. I have always been amazed at the raps he gets as I only see a fat small slow lazy grub who has brain explosions. He's got nothing. Top it off he's a nasty piece of work too with some "problems". Could only see him bringing his side down and toxifying the club's culture. Laughed like a maniac when he got bought. Held my breath when Crowe tried to get him back, then laughed again when he left.

We were lucky the parra offer gave him the money he needed at the time otherwise he might have stayed. Showed where his loyalties lay too. Now we have Adam Reynolds. Honestly after 3 decades of stuff ups it was the best set of events Souths enjoyed for a long time.
    Prince EWS likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by the big bambino View Post
    i'm grateful to parra for taking that filthy lump of **** sandow off souths' hands. I have always been amazed at the raps he gets as i only see a fat small slow lazy grub who has brain explosions. He's got nothing. Top it off he's a nasty piece of work too with some "problems". Could only see him bringing his side down and toxifying the club's culture. laughed like a maniac when he got bought. Held my breath when crowe tried to get him back, then laughed again when he left.

we were lucky the parra offer gave him the money he needed at the time otherwise he might have stayed. Showed where his loyalties lay too. Now we have adam reynolds. Honestly after 3 decades of stuff ups it was the best set of events souths enjoyed for a long time.
    5-0

RIP Craig Walsh (Craig) 1985-2012

Proudly supporting the #2 cricketer of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    Tonga has been such a disappointment but he just hasn't got the great ball that he used to get from Thurston constantly. The thing which would **** me to tears if I were a Parra fan is that fundamental mistakes. Kickoffs going too far, penalties failing to find touch, just dumb football.

They will be better next year, I wonder if 1 Hopoate 6 Hayne is any possibility?
    They've signed Norman on fair coin though; I doubt they'll be going with a Norman+Hayne halves combination. I think Norman will play left side half and swap between first and second receiver on the left side with Hayne, and they'll find someone else (Kelly or Sandow most likely at this stage) to play right side half.
    ~ Cribbage ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    They've signed Norman on fair coin though; I doubt they'll be going with a Norman+Hayne halves combination. I think Norman will play left side half and swap between first and second receiver on the left side with Hayne, and they'll find someone else (Kelly or Sandow most likely at this stage) to play right side half.
    I totally forgot about the Wynnum Manly player.

So yeah Hayne+Norman+Kelly/Sandow+Peats spine is decent enough.

Page 55 of 68 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast

Thread Information