• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* NRL 2013 Season thread

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Friends at work were explaining the whole "Manly fans don't travel thing" and showed me this on their Facebook page:

Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles <https://www.facebook.com/ManlySeaEagles?ref=stream&hc_location=stream>
There will be free buses running from Manly Leagues <https://www.facebook.com/ManlyLeagues?directed_target_id=0> to Allianz Stadium <https://www.facebook.com/AllianzStadium.sydney?directed_target_id=0> on Friday night!

Buses will be leaving approximately every 10 minutes from 4pm-7pm. Check the details here: Free buses for Sea Eagles fans - Manly Sea Eagles

There's no excuse not to travel now. We want to see Allianz Stadium painted Maroon and White!

What the ****? Firstly going to a game within your own city isn't "travelling", but secondly, how is this an "officially" acknowledged thing?

Is this why everyone hates the club?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah Dermo, Ennis was terrible!

It's just one of those things Jono. I don't hate Manly though, they are often involved in quality matches. There was free travel with tickets to each of the games on the weekend I think.

Last edited:

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pretty sure the vast majority of Australia wouldn't cross the road to watch an NRL match let alone cross the Spit bridge.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Not sure uv, If I saw your post during the game I would have had a closer look.

I'm really happy for Newcastle who are finally playing the way they should be playing after some very cold periods throughout the year. So much has been said of the older players in the squad, but they have a pretty decent mix of youth and experience, I'm a massive fan of the centre pairing of Gagai and Leilua who have both been terrific the past couple of months.

Slightly controversial but I feel as though the team is better without Kidley who for his status in the game and how much praise he gets, would have to be one of the worst players in pressure situations. IF Gidley's role was to just be an interchange player for 20 minutes, I would pick him but when he plays his usual 50-80 minutes he stifles the attack, takes minutes off key players, gets injured often and he doesn't read the game well at crucial times.

Anyway, the matches in this years finals series have been top quality - the best for a good number of years IMO.

uvelocity

International Coach
he will be there next week noofers we will have a look then. just bothering me i cant remember who it is

yeah agree about gagai, he is playing ****ing awesome. leilua was disappointing how he got into the young bloke with the broken jaw. grubby move there. also agree about bench captain, probably the most overrated player in the last 10 years.

best thing to come out of that game is that it cant be melbourne-manly gf. carn bunnies chooks