• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* NRL 2013 Season thread

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Tonga has been such a disappointment but he just hasn't got the great ball that he used to get from Thurston constantly. The thing which would **** me to tears if I were a Parra fan is that fundamental mistakes. Kickoffs going too far, penalties failing to find touch, just dumb football.

They will be better next year, I wonder if 1 Hopoate 6 Hayne is any possibility?

the big bambino

International Captain
I'm grateful to Parra for taking that filthy lump of **** Sandow off Souths' hands. I have always been amazed at the raps he gets as I only see a fat small slow lazy grub who has brain explosions. He's got nothing. Top it off he's a nasty piece of work too with some "problems". Could only see him bringing his side down and toxifying the club's culture. Laughed like a maniac when he got bought. Held my breath when Crowe tried to get him back, then laughed again when he left.

We were lucky the parra offer gave him the money he needed at the time otherwise he might have stayed. Showed where his loyalties lay too. Now we have Adam Reynolds. Honestly after 3 decades of stuff ups it was the best set of events Souths enjoyed for a long time.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i'm grateful to parra for taking that filthy lump of **** sandow off souths' hands. I have always been amazed at the raps he gets as i only see a fat small slow lazy grub who has brain explosions. He's got nothing. Top it off he's a nasty piece of work too with some "problems". Could only see him bringing his side down and toxifying the club's culture. laughed like a maniac when he got bought. Held my breath when crowe tried to get him back, then laughed again when he left.

we were lucky the parra offer gave him the money he needed at the time otherwise he might have stayed. Showed where his loyalties lay too. Now we have adam reynolds. Honestly after 3 decades of stuff ups it was the best set of events souths enjoyed for a long time.
:wub: :D

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Tonga has been such a disappointment but he just hasn't got the great ball that he used to get from Thurston constantly. The thing which would **** me to tears if I were a Parra fan is that fundamental mistakes. Kickoffs going too far, penalties failing to find touch, just dumb football.

They will be better next year, I wonder if 1 Hopoate 6 Hayne is any possibility?
They've signed Norman on fair coin though; I doubt they'll be going with a Norman+Hayne halves combination. I think Norman will play left side half and swap between first and second receiver on the left side with Hayne, and they'll find someone else (Kelly or Sandow most likely at this stage) to play right side half.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
They've signed Norman on fair coin though; I doubt they'll be going with a Norman+Hayne halves combination. I think Norman will play left side half and swap between first and second receiver on the left side with Hayne, and they'll find someone else (Kelly or Sandow most likely at this stage) to play right side half.
I totally forgot about the Wynnum Manly player.

So yeah Hayne+Norman+Kelly/Sandow+Peats spine is decent enough.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Doubt Sandow will be around for much longer. He's being left to rot in reserve grade so Sticky clearly wants him out of the joint.

dermo

International Vice-Captain
**** me forgot about hoppa, they're going to have to play him at centre though, he'd be wasted on the wing in that side.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
maybe they can get a new hooker. i hear their current hooker is old and ****.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I'm still gutted about drawing against the Knights. If we had of won we'd be on 20 points, just 2 behind Knights, Titans and Warriors and then games against Dragons and Eels at home over the next 2 weeks. Meanwhile Knights play @ Cronulla, Titans @ Bulldogs and Warriors vs. Manly in Gosford, potentially all 3 teams could lose.

Now we are 4 behind Newcastle and 115 behind in points differential which is going to be so difficult to make up. In the end we were lucky to draw, given Gower poor goalkicking, but dire draw.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
A draw is almost a win given your points differential.

I'm gutted for tipping related reasons :(

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
A draw is almost a win given your points differential.

I'm gutted for tipping related reasons :(
Not when we draw against one of the main teams fighting for 8th spot.

Say we won by 1 point

7 Raiders 24 -104
8 Knights 22 +78
9 Titans 22 -21
10 Warriors 22 -67
11 Panthers 20 -17
12 Broncos 20 -35

If we beat Dragons and Eels by a bit and then beat 2 of our contenders Panthers and Knights, we'd have a huge chance of making the finals even if we lost to the Dogs in the final round. Now we have to win that extra game if we are to get ahead of Warriors, Raiders, Titans etc.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I can see us overcoming the Dragons we have a great record against them. However, we have a shocking recent record against the Eels. It doesn't matter how they're playing they always play well against us, although in recent matches it really has been Sandow that has torn us to shreads. Hoping Hunt continues his good form because we'll need that attacking spark in the last few weeks.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Would've been true if it wasn't Newcastle they drew with. It's not so much that Brisbane only got one point, but that they let Newcastle get one too.
True. It still helps against the other clubs with a better differential though. Canberra hadn't eaten a 60 point thrashing at that point so I was semi including them in that group as well.

dermo

International Vice-Captain
benji marshall needs to **** off quickly, brooks and sirro need to be the halves for the rest of the season, benji can go work on his haka for all i care just **** him off asap

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Can't work out whether this Cronulla salary cap thing has legs or is just a rehash of an old story. I remember reading something about Cronulla owning up to irregular payments months ago and it not being considered a huge deal.