• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* NRL 2013 Season thread

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
The league was planning to advise clubs of the final-round match fixture on Tuesday, but it is understood Sydney will host Hawthorn on Friday, August 30, giving both top-four sides the longest possible break leading into September.
This is despite the NRL fixture, which was released earlier this month, listing a Bulldogs-Panthers game to be played at the same venue that night, and tickets to that game being available for purchase.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This is despite the NRL fixture, which was released earlier this month, listing a Bulldogs-Panthers game to be played at the same venue that night, and tickets to that game being available for purchase.[/I]

and i'm sure a lot of them were purchased!

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Meh. This kind of stuff happens all the time. IIRC the Swans had a finals match moved around because of an NRL game taking precedent a couple of years ago. Not really sure why you're crowing over it.

I guess with all the bad press surrounding your sport you've got to find somewhere to escape it all eh?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I guess with all the bad press surrounding your sport you've got to find somewhere to escape it all eh?
Escape it? I am loving the bad press as it is anti-Essendope.

I don't really dislike the NRL (I nothing it for the most part - its never done anything to offend me) whereas I absolutely despise the Essendope Football Club and would like to see it die.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Meh. This kind of stuff happens all the time. IIRC the Swans had a finals match moved around because of an NRL game taking precedent a couple of years ago. Not really sure why you're crowing over it.

Also 2005 is a long long time ago. A fair few things have changed since then...

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
the money on the back of his hand a not so subtle message to the Richmond Football Club to pay him more.

wac

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Saw Phil Gould in the CBD today. Big bloke.
Wenty Waratahs Junior Cricketer of the Year 1970-71. Was a decent 'keeper actually - played Green Shield for Parramatta with Mo Matthews among others.

His old man was Deputy Commissioner of Police and a more than decent A grade player himself. He gave the toast at my late grandfather's testimonial, and a fine speech it was too.

He was responsible for one of the few times an umpire has overturned their own decision without technological assistance when he was struck on the pads by a left arm quick and given lbw by legendary umpire Brian Cooper, who everyone thought had a hearing aid in, but who got caught out one day when the ear piece fell out and everyone could hear he was actually listening to the races. Gus' old man stood there and refused to go. The umpire said "Bruce, mate what are you doing? I gave you out" "No way Brian, there is no way in hell that was out, it hit me high and pitched 8 inches outside leg stump". "Bruce, you're out". "No". Just stood there - decision overturned.

Gus also did a cracking speech at the club's 50th and did the charity auction, all at no charge. He polarises opinions because his own are so emphatic, but he's a terrific fella who gives a lot of his own time.

Champion family tbh.

Last edited:

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm looking forward to a square up between Matai and Allgood on Saturday tbh. Only reason to watch the Eels atm.