• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* NRL 2013 Season thread

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Man, Luke Lewis. What a game.
I came in to say this too. He gets my MoTM with Hayne a close second. With the Gallen incident, he was never going to get sent off for it given the player, location, and time in the match.. I wonder how many matches he will cop though in the judiciary.

QLD without doubt missed Hannant, I hope he is back for game 2, Shillo was a disappointment too. In conclusion, NSW wanted it more, both tries that NSW scored, other less talented footballers wouldn't have managed to get the ball across the chalk, so hopefully QLD wins game two.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Gallen was refreshingly honest in the post match interview

"Nate Myles has been the dominant forward in Origin the past two years, so someone had to stand up to him".

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Gallen was refreshingly honest in the post match interview

"Nate Myles has been the dominant forward in Origin the past two years, so someone had to stand up to him".
Yeah I figured it would be for something like that which is why the timing was so good.

uvelocity

International Coach
**** yeah. shed full of feral qlders and a few of us blues. sweet sweet qld tears. never in doubt. work will be tops tomorrow

the big bambino

International Captain
Myles might be the sort of bloke who drops a turd in a hotel corridor but he can sure take a punch. Give him that. (and another)

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I'm getting a bit nervous for QLD with the excellent pack that NSW have picked and the difference in go forward between the respective benches.

I would feel much better if QLD select Josh Papalii in the 17 ideally ahead of McQueen but I guess if Teo is mentally screwed he could come in for him too. Shillington should move to the bench and Myles move to the front row and probably even Papalii starting in the backrow, so when Scott gets tired at around 18-24 minute mark, Shillo comes on and Thaiday (with some help from Parker) is forced to do a bit more of the grunt work until Scott returns just before half time.

Basically we should never spend a minute of the game without Scott or Shillington on the field. As it stands, I fear that Scott and Shillington will be off at the 20 minute mark, Myles and Thaiday wont be able to gain the metres as they'd have played 25 minutes of tough footy and the likes of Watmough and Fifita will be damaging.
Yep QLD tactics were wrong on the night and NSW were very good. Hannant, Papalii and Taylor are all contenders to come in, two of the three should play game 2 which puts varying degrees of pressure on McQueen, Te'o, Gillett, Shillington and perhaps Harrison. McQueen definitely wouldn't make my 17.

I would like a forward pack and bench of:
8 Scott
9 Smith
10 Myles
11 Papalii
12 Thaiday
13 Harrison

14 Gillett
15 Hannant
16 Parker
17 Shillington

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Call me an arsehole, but I'm not going to start caring what an AFL fan thinks about a State of Origin moment just because she got punched in the head.