• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* NRL 2013 Season thread

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That's because the young bloke helped me pick the team, and because I have ideological issues in picking players from Manly, Brisbane and the Mange.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I'm getting a bit nervous for QLD with the excellent pack that NSW have picked and the difference in go forward between the respective benches.

I would feel much better if QLD select Josh Papalii in the 17 ideally ahead of McQueen but I guess if Teo is mentally screwed he could come in for him too. Shillington should move to the bench and Myles move to the front row and probably even Papalii starting in the backrow, so when Scott gets tired at around 18-24 minute mark, Shillo comes on and Thaiday (with some help from Parker) is forced to do a bit more of the grunt work until Scott returns just before half time.

Basically we should never spend a minute of the game without Scott or Shillington on the field. As it stands, I fear that Scott and Shillington will be off at the 20 minute mark, Myles and Thaiday wont be able to gain the metres as they'd have played 25 minutes of tough footy and the likes of Watmough and Fifita will be damaging.

uvelocity

International Coach
look theres really nothing you can do. we had to lose a few series because everyone was saying origin is dead because nsw is too good. well now there can be no whinging when we win the next dozen series

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I don't think I heard one Queenslander ever say that Origin was dead when NSW went on their small win streak. It would have just been the media and NSW people getting complacent.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
That was a ****ed up performance by the Boncos, only made better by the fact I picked Warriors.

McCullough at 13, no thanks. Wallace at 9 was pathetic. Getting rid of Maranta seemed odd as he was finally finding his feet and Whitchurch was rubbish. Hunt tackled poorly and would only be useful if he was playing in the QLD Cup. We need to buy an established half, even someone like Sam Williams would excite me.

uvelocity

International Coach
yeah but everyone loves us. i find it much harder to hate broncos now, but the 90's hate will always smoulder

Burgey

Smell the linament! Can't wait for tonight.

Apparently no Gus pre-game rev up on the field though. Dire :(

Burgey

Nah **** that. Gus knows the game inside out. Of course he's a wanker, but he's a gun coach, especially at rep level.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I see NSW are favourites with the bookies for tonight's match. When was the last time this was? Has it been a long time?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
NSW are often the favourites for the first game of the season because they routinely pick players in strong club form who for whatever reason perform badly in Origin and one of the players is usually made a scapegoat for the loss and we see changes in their squad for game two.

In saying that, I think that they can win at home if QLD don't make a late change to the starting team.

howardj

International Coach
I genuinely like Gus's pre game rev up

As a club coach, he'd be a toss to put up with every day

But, as a rep coach, with the short camps and getting you on edge for the game, he's perfectly suited

Burgey

I see NSW are favourites with the bookies for tonight's match. When was the last time this was? Has it been a long time?
It generally happens because it's a big betting game on which a lot of people might have their only bet for the year. There are a lot more punters in NSW who will put loyalty bets on them than there are Queenslanders. Hence they're often shorter priced.

uvelocity

International Coach
also nsw supporters have money, whereas the seat-pissers are in the main broke if not too dumb to be able to fill in a tab ticket

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
also nsw supporters have money, whereas the seat-pissers are in the main broke if not too dumb to be able to fill in a tab ticket
It's comments like this that make me glad I'm a QLDer. As if any QLDer is going to waste their money on short prices. And no way in hell would we bet on the Blues.