Page 30 of 68 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: *Official* NRL 2013 Season thread

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dermo View Post
    Hayne's been playing like **** since 09 but the **** always turns it on for origin, wouldve been one of the first ones picked
    Tbf no one could play the way he did in 09 for an entire career. He's also had bugger all in front of him since that year. Put him on the back of a side going forward and he's a ridiculous player.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Coronis View Post
    Thats the most ridiculous argument I have ever heard.
    hasnt hayne basically backed this argument up in the last couple of series thouhg
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

State Vice-Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    hasnt hayne basically backed this argument up in the last couple of series thouhg
    Well personally, I think its ridiculous to pick someone based on their reputation and last rep performance, from almost a year ago, in a position they don't even play at club level, rather than the guy(s) who are performing well every week in that position.
    ATG World XI
    1. J.B Hobbs 2. H. Sutcliffe 3. D.G Bradman 4. W.R Hammond 5. G.S Sobers 6. M.J Procter 7. A.C Gilchrist 8. M.D Marshall 9. S.K Warne 10. M. Muralitharan 11. G.D McGrath

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Tbf no one could play the way he did in 09 for an entire career. He's also had bugger all in front of him since that year. Put him on the back of a side going forward and he's a ridiculous player.
    He can't just switch states mate.
    NRL Tipping Champion 2014

Lol.
    Gotta agree with this. Merritt is so incredibly overrated and I'm never going to stop telling people about it. Even if you don't want Hayne there's 3 or 4 players I'd have over him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmDtx5dKko0 (another link that never gets old)

I don't know if there are personal reasons they don't want him in the side but I wouldn't mind seeing Ferguson given a go. Huge unit and the ability to carve teams up. Bit of a dickhead but you could say that about a fair few other players (score me some dreamteam points already you **** Bird).

Halves are always going to be a point of contention. I don't think A Reynolds is ready yet, so I can understand the Pearce selection. I'd stick with Carney personally, but having a halves combo that plays together at club level probably outweighs Carney's experience from last year. Always felt that defense was Maloney's problem but he seems to be turning the corner there.

Feel for Grant, but taking my Penrith glasses off, he probably doesn't deserve a spot. Just happy ol runaway finally seems to be out of the team.
    Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.

Too many bones, not enough CASH!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZwgu8_b0Vw

RIP Craig

State Vice-Captain
    Wait wait wait wait wait..... we're talking about Hayne and you claim that Merritt is overrated? Gotta be a joke...

Quote Originally Posted by Coronis View Post
    Wait wait wait wait wait..... we're talking about Hayne and you claim that Merritt is overrated? Gotta be a joke...
    It's not a joke. Hayne being overhyped by the media doesn't change the fact that Merritt being brought up in these discussions makes him incredibly overrated. He's an average winger who supports (very) well, defends poorly and is weak with the ball in hand. He's completely invisible until someone makes a break and that won't cut it in Origin.

Hayne gets overhyped on the back of his 09 form but outside of the media circus I find fans tend to underrate him if anything. A big part of that is the fact that he's a tool, an unfulfilled talent and the aforementioned media hype, but he's still a very good player, just not the world beating superstar he could and probably should be.

true, but imo he's been a big reason Parra lacks go forward, he's probably the sides most damaging ball runner and instead of waiting around for an offload he should be standing up and trying to create something for the side himself. has drifted in and out of games far to much in recent years. Bulldogs game this year was a prime example, when the game was on the line and needed someone to make something happen he was no where.

that's when hes playing for Parra though, he's a different story in origin.

agree that Merritt is overrated, no doubt he's an exceptional support player but otherwise hes puss.

and anyone whose watched Todd Carney play the last 2 weeks will have seen why he has to be the 6, best 6 in nsw by far.

1. B. Stewart
    2. Hayne
    3. Jennings
    4. J. Morris
    5. B. Morris
    6. Carney
    7. Pearce
    8. Gallen
    9. Farah
    10. Tamou
    11. G. Stewart
    12. Hoffman
    13. Bird

14. Lewis
    15. Woods
    16. Watmough
    17. Merrin/Grant

no need for kidley, Farah is an 80 min player and Lewis and Bird can cover the backs if there is injuries

I don't think the club relationship of Pearce and Moloney is a good point, if anything it brings Carney into favour even more. Pearce and Carney nearly won a premiership together and have played with each other more times than Pearce and Moloney.

It's a tough choice, but I'd pick Moloney. Having watched every game he's played this year I'm not sure any player is playing better than him right now.
    The one, the only CW Black
    Code:
    47.3 W Coppinger to Heads 
        Smacked the ball straight into the groin of Iwuajoku who has fallen over, 
        miraculously with the ball still caught in his scrotal area! Out!

Parra lack go forward because their forwards are absolute dross and their hooker is even worse.

Also I don't think G Stewart is really in the frame. Hasn't played much this year and we have too many good backrowers to carry someone not in form.

International Debutant
    I'm liking Blake Ferguson as a smoky. Raiders kept the right man there I think. He sounds like his a bit of a dick head but can be reformed. Dugan is just a turd. Well rid of the bell whiff.

- Kidley will play.

- No one from NSW is playing better than Maloney - Inglis is the form player of the comp IMO.

- I don't think the Parra forwards are all that bad overall, They get the team into decent positions on the field but agree they lack creativity out of dummy half and the ball handling is below average

- Can't see a spot for Ferguson. He'd be a decent option in a NSW A team.

Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    - No one from NSW is playing better than Maloney - Inglis is the form player of the comp IMO.
    I did mean players in contention for NSW spots, I apologise for not making that clear. There'd be a few Queenslanders I'd have ahead of him on form, not too many though.

Quote Originally Posted by dontcloseyoureyes View Post
    It's a tough choice, but I'd pick Moloney.
    Should have told Mark Neeld that:

Yes I am that bored that I made this post.

Quote Originally Posted by dontcloseyoureyes View Post
    I did mean players in contention for NSW spots, I apologise for not making that clear. There'd be a few Queenslanders I'd have ahead of him on form, not too many though.
    Yeah too easy. Honestly, I think that Inglis is a clear number 1 but Maloney is definitely one of the five best players on purely this years form.

Page 30 of 68 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread Information