• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* NRL 2013 Season thread

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Penrith doing some really good things atm. Had a pretty decent clean out of some complacent but talented players and have really turned it around. Fair play to them.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Penrith doing some really good things atm. Had a pretty decent clean out of some complacent but talented players and have really turned it around. Fair play to them.
Yeah agree. Its also been so good from Cleary dropping players like Tighe, Naiqama, Ciraldo and Nathan Smith who are all solid enough Wolves players, but are mediocre at NRL level.

I'm trying to work out how they are going to fit in Coote and Mansour when they become available, especially with Soward coming next year too.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Boyd might not even play which leads QLD with a difficult decision of who to replace him.

About three weeks ago I dismissed Ferguson in NSW's best lineup which featured Stewart in it and a fit Brett Morris but now if I supported NSW I would be more concerned about BMoz, Gidley's role and the Roosters halves pairing taking control of a game at the higher level.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Justin O'Neill is on standby apparently.
Decent move, but losing Boyd will be a big lose IMO as he always does a solid job for QLD.
I was seriously worried that we'd have the Cowboy plonkers Tate and Graham on our wings.

BTW, Will Chambers is NT born, what state is he eligible for? I assumed QLD, where is Gove. its in Queensland etc..

dermo

International Vice-Captain
nah we dont want him

dip****s
it seems like a **** call now, but at the time it was pretty much him or Woods and we had Adam Blair on the way who we thought was one of the worlds best forwards. And he had a **** attitude at the tigers.

still seems like a **** call

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
it seems like a **** call now, but at the time it was pretty much him or Woods and we had Adam Blair on the way who we thought was one of the worlds best forwards. And he had a **** attitude at the tigers.

still seems like a **** call
He probably had the worst attitude of anyone to ever play for the club when he was there.

At one point he asked Sheens for two training sessions off because he "had to work". Sheens rightfully told him that he doesn't have to work because he's a professional footballer, and as it turned out Fifita didn't have a job anyway so it was an entirely bull**** request. Fifita never showed up to those training sessions so Sheens dropped him to the NSW Cup - and Fifita decided not to show up to the game in protest. He's obviously got his head screwed on right now and he's playing much better for it but when you have a player like that at your club and you've given him a few chances, eventually it is time to say goodbye.

The big loss was Gibbs. He was never a great footballer but he was certainly an above average first grade prop that the club was probably getting for a little less than he was actually worth because he was a local junior and loved the joint, and he was ushered out the door to make room for Blair's massive contract. Not only did it result in having a pretty dire middle third forward rotation for a while but it created massive disharmony at the club and was the beginning of the rift between Sheens and the senior players.

Burgey

Reminds me of Langmack coaching Souths and giving Fui ten minutes' game time off the bench.

The following Tuesday they do a warm up and Fui picks up his bag and starts to walk away. Langmack asks (not unreasonably) "Where do you think you're going?"

"Fui play for ten minutes, Fui train for ten minutes".

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Reminds me of Langmack coaching Souths and giving Fui ten minutes' game time off the bench.

The following Tuesday they do a warm up and Fui picks up his bag and starts to walk away. Langmack asks (not unreasonably) "Where do you think you're going?"

"Fui play for ten minutes, Fui train for ten minutes".
:laugh:

Just on the Panthers much of Clearys "clean out" has been forced by injury. Tighe, Humble, Ciraldo, Naiquama were all injured. I'd like to think blokes like Moylan and John would have got a go regardless but im not certain. Anyway can't complain about victories. Its great to have something to look forward to for once.

Luke Walsh on to Super League just as he hits a few games of consistent form. WAC.

Burgey

Yeah true. Is Naquiama signed again for next year? I assume he would come back in somewhere once he's back from injury?

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah true. Is Naquiama signed again for next year? I assume he would come back in somewhere once he's back from injury?
Yeah we signed him for 2 years. He's currently playing for Windsor (at hb of all positions which tells you how harsh injuries have been) and he should stay there. He's behind Moylan at fb and Whare, Roberts, Brown and Tighe at center.

Burgey

Yeah we signed him for 2 years. He's currently playing for Windsor (at hb of all positions which tells you how harsh injuries have been) and he should stay there. He's behind Moylan at fb and Whare, Roberts, Brown and Tighe at center.
Yeah that's all well and good ****, but I had him in my DT primarily because you blokes were **** but I figured he'd kick a few goals and get me some points.

I'm calling former WWCC Junior Cricketer of the Year Phil Gould to get Wes back in first grade.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah that's all well and good ****, but I had him in my DT primarily because you blokes were **** but I figured he'd kick a few goals and get me some points.

I'm calling former WWCC Junior Cricketer of the Year Phil Gould to get Wes back in first grade.
Wes won't kick even if he's in the side. Time to cut him or sell him or whatever you do in DT.