• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* NRL 2013 Season thread

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Wait wait wait wait wait..... we're talking about Hayne and you claim that Merritt is overrated? Gotta be a joke...

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Wait wait wait wait wait..... we're talking about Hayne and you claim that Merritt is overrated? Gotta be a joke...
It's not a joke. Hayne being overhyped by the media doesn't change the fact that Merritt being brought up in these discussions makes him incredibly overrated. He's an average winger who supports (very) well, defends poorly and is weak with the ball in hand. He's completely invisible until someone makes a break and that won't cut it in Origin.

Hayne gets overhyped on the back of his 09 form but outside of the media circus I find fans tend to underrate him if anything. A big part of that is the fact that he's a tool, an unfulfilled talent and the aforementioned media hype, but he's still a very good player, just not the world beating superstar he could and probably should be.

dermo

International Vice-Captain
Tbf no one could play the way he did in 09 for an entire career. He's also had bugger all in front of him since that year. Put him on the back of a side going forward and he's a ridiculous player.
true, but imo he's been a big reason Parra lacks go forward, he's probably the sides most damaging ball runner and instead of waiting around for an offload he should be standing up and trying to create something for the side himself. has drifted in and out of games far to much in recent years. Bulldogs game this year was a prime example, when the game was on the line and needed someone to make something happen he was no where.

that's when hes playing for Parra though, he's a different story in origin.

agree that Merritt is overrated, no doubt he's an exceptional support player but otherwise hes puss.

and anyone whose watched Todd Carney play the last 2 weeks will have seen why he has to be the 6, best 6 in nsw by far.

1. B. Stewart
2. Hayne
3. Jennings
4. J. Morris
5. B. Morris
6. Carney
7. Pearce
8. Gallen
9. Farah
10. Tamou
11. G. Stewart
12. Hoffman
13. Bird

14. Lewis
15. Woods
16. Watmough
17. Merrin/Grant

no need for kidley, Farah is an 80 min player and Lewis and Bird can cover the backs if there is injuries

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I don't think the club relationship of Pearce and Moloney is a good point, if anything it brings Carney into favour even more. Pearce and Carney nearly won a premiership together and have played with each other more times than Pearce and Moloney.

It's a tough choice, but I'd pick Moloney. Having watched every game he's played this year I'm not sure any player is playing better than him right now.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Parra lack go forward because their forwards are absolute dross and their hooker is even worse.

Also I don't think G Stewart is really in the frame. Hasn't played much this year and we have too many good backrowers to carry someone not in form.

the big bambino

International Captain
I'm liking Blake Ferguson as a smoky. Raiders kept the right man there I think. He sounds like his a bit of a dick head but can be reformed. Dugan is just a turd. Well rid of the bell whiff.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
- Kidley will play.

- No one from NSW is playing better than Maloney - Inglis is the form player of the comp IMO.

- I don't think the Parra forwards are all that bad overall, They get the team into decent positions on the field but agree they lack creativity out of dummy half and the ball handling is below average

- Can't see a spot for Ferguson. He'd be a decent option in a NSW A team.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
- No one from NSW is playing better than Maloney - Inglis is the form player of the comp IMO.
I did mean players in contention for NSW spots, I apologise for not making that clear. There'd be a few Queenslanders I'd have ahead of him on form, not too many though.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I did mean players in contention for NSW spots, I apologise for not making that clear. There'd be a few Queenslanders I'd have ahead of him on form, not too many though.
Yeah too easy. Honestly, I think that Inglis is a clear number 1 but Maloney is definitely one of the five best players on purely this years form.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Parra get smashed in the middle way too often. How much of that is due to their forwards getting average dummy half service or the forwards themselves being average is hard to say. Mannah has a big game here and there, Fui has good impact but doesn't get through a lot of work, Maitua is a good fringe runner with questionable defense. The rest would do well to get a run at any other club.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Allgood has decent potential, but if he was at another club he'd be a year or so off being a regular starter. And truth be told, he's not really big enough to be leading a pack in the front row anyway.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Should have told Mark Neeld that:

Yes I am that bored that I made this post.
You just follow me around to Demons troll me. Soon I'll look in my rear-vision mirror on my way to work and see an Indian bloke leaning out his car window burning a Demons flag or something.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
NRL peeps, I have just put money on Manly based on a mate's tip. Am I going to have money at the end of tonight or am I going to have to kick my mate in the balls tomorrow?

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
You just follow me around to Demons troll me. Soon I'll look in my rear-vision mirror on my way to work and see an Indian bloke leaning out his car window burning a Demons flag or something.
Driving into the City and see a billboard with your face on it and "Demons lol" as the caption.
Won't be long before you release a line of edgy streetwear denim named "Jack Watts".

"for the man who's #1"
:laugh:

To be fair:

Came here just to laugh at Jono. Love kicking a man when he's down. EADC!
DCYE post

Never forget.

Last edited:

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
NRL peeps, I have just put money on Manly based on a mate's tip. Am I going to have money at the end of tonight or am I going to have to kick my mate in the balls tomorrow?
Manly are a safe bet IMO, but they do have a slightly thin forward pack.