• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* NRL 2013 Season thread

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
A leaked dossier reveals the NSW team to be:

1. Brett Stewart Manly Warringah Sea Eagles
2. Jarryd Hayne Parramatta Eels
3. Michael Jennings Sydney Roosters
4. Josh Morris Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs
5. Brett Morris St George Illawarra Dragons
6. James Maloney* Sydney Roosters
7. Mitchell Pearce Sydney Roosters
8. Aaron Woods Wests Tigers
9. Robbie Farah Wests Tigers
10. James Tamou North Queensland Cowboys
11. Greg Bird Gold Coast Titans
12. Ryan Hoffman Melbourne Storm
13. Paul Gallen Cronulla Sutherland Sharks

14. Kurt Gidley Newcastle Knights
15. Luke Lewis Cronulla Sutherland Sharks
16. Anthony Watmough Manly Warringah Sea Eagles
17. Trent Merrin St George Illawarra Dragons

*Carney needs to produce a couple of huge performances to prevent Maloney from making his Origin debut alongside Pearce.

Last edited:

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Only issues are:

1. Carney is far better than Moloney. Moloney/Pearce has fail written all over it.
2. There's better options than Hoffman. He's not bad but he doesn't really add that much.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah they are/were the two spots up for grabs that Daley eluded to (I'm pretty sure).

I think NSW were considering starting Gall at prop and relegating Woods to the bench and starting Merrin at lock. They could still potentially do this.

I also have a feeling that Boyd Cordner could end up being 18th man. I'm just taking a guess on this, haven't heard anything.

dermo

International Vice-Captain
Hayne's been playing like **** since 09 but the **** always turns it on for origin, wouldve been one of the first ones picked

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I thought Hayne's tackles to hold up Sims and Cooper in the first half on the weekend were terrific which kept Parra in the game. I don't necessarily like him and think it wouldn't be a problem if NSW picked someone else, but Hayne will play for sure.

uv, I agree completely with your assessment of Kidley. He is such a terrible clutch player. Becoming a bit of jack of all trades master at none - not even top 3 at five eight, half back, hooker or fullback but yeh gets a gig on the bench always.

EDIT - not becoming, has been for a while..

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hayne's been playing like **** since 09 but the **** always turns it on for origin, wouldve been one of the first ones picked
Tbf no one could play the way he did in 09 for an entire career. He's also had bugger all in front of him since that year. Put him on the back of a side going forward and he's a ridiculous player.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
hasnt hayne basically backed this argument up in the last couple of series thouhg
Well personally, I think its ridiculous to pick someone based on their reputation and last rep performance, from almost a year ago, in a position they don't even play at club level, rather than the guy(s) who are performing well every week in that position.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Tbf no one could play the way he did in 09 for an entire career. He's also had bugger all in front of him since that year. Put him on the back of a side going forward and he's a ridiculous player.
He can't just switch states mate. :)

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Gotta agree with this. Merritt is so incredibly overrated and I'm never going to stop telling people about it. Even if you don't want Hayne there's 3 or 4 players I'd have over him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmDtx5dKko0 (another link that never gets old)

I don't know if there are personal reasons they don't want him in the side but I wouldn't mind seeing Ferguson given a go. Huge unit and the ability to carve teams up. Bit of a dickhead but you could say that about a fair few other players (score me some dreamteam points already you **** Bird).

Halves are always going to be a point of contention. I don't think A Reynolds is ready yet, so I can understand the Pearce selection. I'd stick with Carney personally, but having a halves combo that plays together at club level probably outweighs Carney's experience from last year. Always felt that defense was Maloney's problem but he seems to be turning the corner there.

Feel for Grant, but taking my Penrith glasses off, he probably doesn't deserve a spot. Just happy ol runaway finally seems to be out of the team.