• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* NRL 2013 Season thread

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
If Penrith, Parramatta and Wests Tigers formed into one super club they'd probably be in contention for the 8.

I suggest the following team names:
- Parrariff Tigpies
- Greater Western Sydney (play lots of home games in Canberra),
Yeah it'd be nice to follow a team with half the geographic reach of the Broncos.

But nah I prefer to follow teams from actual places.

uvelocity

International Coach
souths are ridiculous at the moment. and inglis. the form he is in is better than any player ive ever seen

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Here come the dogs.... Josh Reynolds two man of the mathes in a row, nice. Bloody hell, their forward pack is ****ing ridiculous. Tolman, Kasiano, Pritchard, Williams, Eastwood, Graham, Jackson, Finucane...

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Here come the dogs.... Josh Reynolds two man of the mathes in a row, nice. Bloody hell, their forward pack is ****ing ridiculous. Tolman, Kasiano, Pritchard, Williams, Eastwood, Graham, Jackson, Finucane...
They're a long way back though. Tough to win it if you don't finish top four.

Agree re Souths. They're the shizz this year. They treated Brisbane like you do a mozzie that has the temerity to bite you on the leg. Thoroughly squashed. Ingles is ridiculous, Reynolds is a young gun, Merritt scores tries for toffee and their forward pack is massive. Famed Asotasi played lock a few weeks back. They just steam roll sides.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I didn't even bother watching the Doggies game, but I thought the Broncos Souths game was quality. Souths really are a terrific side - withstanding the kick out on the full, I thought John Sutton was terrific.

I'm so happy that Daley loves Pearce as I would be much more worried if NSW selected Adam Reynolds.

uvelocity

International Coach
went to sleep at half time thank ****, we were never a chance. benji shouldn't have played.

i think pearce and maloney or carney is the right combo. adam reynolds kicking is awesome but sometimes he just grabs at blokes in defence, and in origin that's costly. josh reynolds is gun when his pack dominates, but he's been shut down through the early part of the season. give them another year imo

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm just waiting for Pearce to fail us this year. If we do win, it'll be down to Maloney.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Deadset it feels like Crabb's the only poster on this forum that doesn't think Reynolds > Pearce.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I think its reasonably close between the pair but with Reynolds you get a great kicking game and a goal kicker. Daley wants Pearce so its going to have to be Maloney or Carney (as uvelocity said) to partner Pearce as they are both decent goal kickers.

They aren't as powerful as a JReynolds or a Sutton - Maloney defense has been good though this year. I rate a switched on Carney but I don't think he has a great game all year while the other 3 five eight candidates have.

Just out of curiousity, is James Segeyaro eligible for Origin? If so which state? I know he's from PNG but just wondered if he's still allowed ala Adrian Lam.

dermo

International Vice-Captain
Josh Reynolds is so average fmd, he is Mick Ennis 2.0 the justification i keep hearing for putting him in "hes a competitor, suited to origin" never heard a more brain dead reason for putting someone in origin in my life, it kept Farah out of the team for years and look how much better we are with him. I'll say it again, Reynolds is an average playmaker, average kicker, average ball runner and an average defender. he is average, and if the channel 9 commentary team didnt have such a hard on for him he wouldn't be in contention

Carney should be 6 ftr.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
What the **** Melbourne? Also, Segeyaro played his junior footy for Cairns.

Last edited:

uvelocity

International Coach
haha didnt watch it but there was plenty of talk of melbourne due for a loss. wasnt game to tip against em though. howardj seething aws