• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* NRL 2013 Season thread

uvelocity

International Coach
i've got the city v country replacement match

Grubs
1. B.Stewart
2. D.Boyd
3. J.Lyon
4. S,Matai
5. B.Tate
6. G.Bird
7. D.Cherry-Evans
8. J.Waerea-Hargreaves
9, M.Ennis
10. B.Kite
11. S.Thaiday
12. R.Maitua
13. A.Blair
14. J.Hodges
15. T.Tahu (what is it with grubby centres?)
16. G.Stewart
17. J.Smith

v Good Guys
1. A.Minichiello
2. M.Bowen
3. B.Ayshford
4. B.Goodwin
5. S.Perrett
6. B.Marshall
7. A.Reynolds
8. T.Mannah
9. R.Farah
10. A.Woods
11. D.Johnson
12. A.Harrison
13. L.Lewis
14. B.Ross
15. M.Scott
16. B.Hannant
17. G.Burgess

the big bambino

International Captain
Maybe they should just replace it with the indigenous v all stars game even though I'm not a fan of setting sides apart on racial grounds. There seems to be some pride in the format making it meaningful for one side at least. The other side knows higher rep honours can be obtained with a good performance.

Nice win to the Bunnies. Winning at Brookvale no small achievement.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
That obstruction no try was ****ing ridiculous though. Oh and the shoulder charge penalty on Inglis. Also, Richie Fa'oso. What a ****.

uvelocity

International Coach
nah he ran behind his man, who was between asotasi and himself. doesn't matter that it was a **** attempt by roy, you can't do that

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah hard luck Tigers although Moltzen out might be a blessing as giving Sironen, Miller, Brooks can only help you in the long run (unless another club buys them and your stuck with Bwaith).

dermo

International Vice-Captain
Yeah hard luck Tigers although Moltzen out might be a blessing as giving Sironen, Miller, Brooks can only help you in the long run (unless another club buys them and your stuck with Bwaith).
Miller will most likely go to england at the end of the year, will be interesting to see if Potter puts Brooks in this week or not.

good win by souths too

uvelocity

International Coach
oh yeah we're well and truly ****ed.

bring in brooks, give the two ****s some good experience and build for next year

the big bambino

International Captain
Manly are trying too hard to be hated when it just comes naturally. It would be easy to blame Toovey for the club's whining culture of complaint as it is a fit for his personality. Inglis and others were cheap shotted and rather than do someting about it Toovey claims their opponents dived. Manly have been daring the judiciary and getting away with it so Toovey has taken that luck to get even dirtier. The judiciary needs to reach him and the club a lesson.

Not that Lyon is any better. He isn't a good man doing the bidding of a whatever it takes boss. He's a slimey, sleazy grub of a **** who'd diddle his away to an advantage. While Fa'aoso is just a thug ready to carry out the cheap hits coz thats what he's good for and Toovey sees rubbing someone out as a legit tactic. Add to that Mattai and would you trust Stewart and Watmough? Its a **** of a club.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
There is some seriously bad footy teams out there at the moment, most of the games every weekend are borderline unwatchable. How many good teams are there really? Storm, Souths, Manly, Roosters (not yet tested), Bulldogs maybe if they get their **** together?

Iunno. Not liking the comp this season.

uvelocity

International Coach
dont reckon fa'aoso meant any of it. looks like a gentle bloke to me, but should have been marched after the second one

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
i've got the city v country replacement match

Grubs
1. B.Stewart
2. D.Boyd
3. J.Lyon
4. S,Matai
5. B.Tate
6. G.Bird
7. D.Cherry-Evans
8. J.Waerea-Hargreaves
9, M.Ennis
10. B.Kite
11. S.Thaiday
12. R.Maitua
13. A.Blair
14. J.Hodges
15. T.Tahu (what is it with grubby centres?)
16. G.Stewart
17. J.Smith

v Good Guys
1. A.Minichiello
2. M.Bowen
3. B.Ayshford
4. B.Goodwin
5. S.Perrett
6. B.Marshall
7. A.Reynolds
8. T.Mannah
9. R.Farah
10. A.Woods
11. D.Johnson
12. A.Harrison
13. L.Lewis
14. B.Ross
15. M.Scott
16. B.Hannant
17. G.Burgess
How did Cherry Evans get into the grubs team? He's a regular NUFAN (model citizen).

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
There is some seriously bad footy teams out there at the moment, most of the games every weekend are borderline unwatchable. How many good teams are there really? Storm, Souths, Manly, Roosters (not yet tested), Bulldogs maybe if they get their **** together?

Iunno. Not liking the comp this season.
Yep those four teams are currently well clear of the pack.

Im confident enough with Newcastle and Cowboys both playing finals footy. Both teams will get better.

That leaves 2 out of 10 teams fighting it out for the final spots in the 8. I can't leave out my Broncos but I worry about the Wallace+Prince combo and you'd imagine that Graham is going to boost Bulldogs heaps, so yeah that's my eight and frankly I can't see any other teams making it.

But yep, lots of average games - a few teams were hindered by serious injuries, think we should seriously look at an 18th man emergency kind of like what the AFL does.

uvelocity

International Coach
actually just thinking about it, pretty amazing and i'm sure i;ve never seen before. an entire backline 1-7 out injured

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
actually just thinking about it, pretty amazing and i'm sure i;ve never seen before. an entire backline 1-7 out injured
We're not that far off. Mansour, Roberts, Tighe, Coote and arguably Naiqama all make our first team squad and Walsh only came back last week.

We're an average team at full strength but we really don't need any help being rubbish.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
If Penrith, Parramatta and Wests Tigers formed into one super club they'd probably be in contention for the 8.

I suggest the following team names:
- Parrariff Tigpies
- Greater Western Sydney (play lots of home games in Canberra),