• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* NRL 2013 Season thread

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I feel like I have absolutely nothing to look forward to this year. If our team were a person it would be that knight from the monty python movie with no arms or legs.
Chin up, your under 20s team is doing very well so hopefully you can retain all or most of the talent.

Perhaps the NRL should play as the curtain raiser for the 20s..

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
I feel like I have absolutely nothing to look forward to this year. If our team were a person it would be that knight from the monty python movie with no arms or legs.
At least we're undefeated in the Holden Cup..

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah they 20s are going well. I'll stop sooking, it's just been a really difficult decade to be a Penrith fan.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
great news for the tigers, gents

LeagueHQ ‏@LeagueHQ1
Wests Tigers veteran @BraithAnasta will miss 4 weeks with a groin injury suffered in the 13-12 Heritage Round loss the Dragons #NRL

uvelocity

International Coach
great news for the tigers, gents

LeagueHQ ‏@LeagueHQ1
Wests Tigers veteran @BraithAnasta will miss 4 weeks with a groin injury suffered in the 13-12 Heritage Round loss the Dragons #NRL
best news we've had all year

except it will be fulton and sirro in the halves this week presumably #antonymofcreative

dermo

International Vice-Captain
best news we've had all year

except it will be fulton and sirro in the halves this week presumably #antonymofcreative
nah potter isn't that stupid, it'll be moltzen, possibly brooks. could be miller but doubt it, if potter still rated him he probably would've played him on the weekend.

uvelocity

International Coach
havent seen brooks but im itching to. give him experience or leave him alone. dunno. i've given up on this year. moltzen to half and we end up with reddy and utai on the wings lolol

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
havent seen brooks but im itching to. give him experience or leave him alone. dunno. i've given up on this year. moltzen to half and we end up with reddy and utai on the wings lolol
Brooks named at 6 for the NSW Blews 20s team. Heard good things about him but also heard Potter say he's not ready for NRL action yet.

Tigers would do better if they played like 75% of their home matches at Leichhardt. Crazy how much they have to shift around for home games.

uvelocity

International Coach
sparkeh, do you mean regarding his spray of the refs and the 10k fine or what happened when that picture was actually taken? because that was probably a ben roberts drop ball i guess

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Just stupid seeing this Brisbane side winning a few games. They're a nothing outfit incapable of doing damage in the competition when it counts. A waste of competition points, them beating the Cowboys.
Change the name Brisbane with about 8 other clubs and you've pretty much nailed it.
Really apart from Storm, Sea Eagles, Rabbitohs and Roosters all the other teams look like they are making up the numbers this season. The standard of rugby league been pretty poor so far this season.

After the first 20 minutes of most game, when the bench starts coming on. The standard drops massively. There no depth at all in most sides.

The fact that someone like Sam Moa comes back from England and walks into a starting XI. Makes you wonder how many more first grade standard players are now in England getting the extra cash for fringe first graders. We need start getting these guys back so we don't have to see park footballers and NYC players in NRL.

Spikey

SMH Sport ‏@SMHsport 3m
BREAKING: Jamie Soward signs four-year deal with Penrith. Official announcement expected this afternoon

their pokies' money going to good use...

Burgey

Penrith needs another half or 5/8 who kicks a lot and doesn't take the line on. Imagine he and Wlash pairing up.

Fancy kick - 20m tap , fancy kick - 20m tap. Rinse and repeat.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Walsh isn't on big money. I'd say Soward replaces him wholesale and offers us a better passing, long and short kicking, running and organisational game. Hes an upgrade in every way. Walsh will go to Windsor and offer depth with NRL experience. We're rumoured to be after Carney or Luke Keary (Souffs 20s half, highly rated) and if not Austin, Cartwright or Scarlett are all up and comers with huge potential.

I doubt we'll see Soward and Walsh in the same team very often. Very happy with this signing.

dermo

International Vice-Captain
SMH Sport ‏@SMHsport 3m
BREAKING: Jamie Soward signs four-year deal with Penrith. Official announcement expected this afternoon

their pokies' money going to good use...
just think that our taxes, through the amount of pension money put through pokies, will eventually end up in the hands of jamie soward, one of the biggest ****s of all time