Page 18 of 68 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: *Official* NRL 2013 Season thread

The rest of the NRL peeps didn't know what he meant. Was a big reason he rejected the job.

listen ****, this isn't the afl thread. you can't expect to come in here taking pot shots and expect to walk away. ****s about to go down

e: actually reckon i'll get a holiday if i post this. virat kohli meets drawing dicks on the herald sun
    Last edited by uvelocity; 04-04-2013 at 10:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I just love all kinds of balls.

Quote Originally Posted by uvelocity View Post
    ah ok, but if player A has a value increase, but you trade out player B your cap room is lower than the week before?
    If you trade out player B your cap increases by the amount of player Bs value at the time of trading. So if player Bs value is 180k you have 180k to spend. If you bought player B at the start of the season for 100k you've effectively increased your team's value by 80k, if you bought player B for 200k you've effectively decreased your team's value by 20k.

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    I heard when Gillon McLachlan was asked to be the NRL CEO, he said: "Just get more people to the games I reckon. Will be good for the atmosphere and make the NRL more money. Pretty simple stuff."
    Pretty simple indeed. I'm sure he's got some pretty straightforward views on conflict in the middle east, humanity's oil addiction and world hunger too.
    Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.

Too many bones, not enough CASH!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZwgu8_b0Vw

RIP Craig

if player A increases by 50k and player B stays at the same price, and i trade player B what is the effect? none? had no idea about this

if player A increases by 50k and player B stays at the same price, and i trade player B what is the effect? none? had no idea about this
    You just get player Bs value to spend. The increase in player As value is irrelevant unless you're trading him.

cool thanks. with it now. gained a bit, but not as much as you!

Quote Originally Posted by Ausage View Post
    If you trade out player B your cap increases by the amount of player Bs value at the time of trading. So if player Bs value is 180k you have 180k to spend. If you bought player B at the start of the season for 100k you've effectively increased your team's value by 80k, if you bought player B for 200k you've effectively decreased your team's value by 20k.

Pretty simple indeed. I'm sure he's got some pretty straightforward views on conflict in the middle east, humanity's oil addiction and world hunger too.
    I agree with your assessment that the chances of the NRL ever getting crowds like the AFL is about the same as the chances of peace in the Middle East and of world hunger ever ending, i.e. none.
    Dead set is this bloke serious? 10 year olds play fantasy competitions and understand the how pricing works.

cool thanks. with it now. gained a bit, but not as much as you!
    Yeah, the first 3 weeks are important for scouting players scoring wayyy above their price bracket and getting them into your team. (values only start shifting after week 3) Keep an eye out for high scoring rookies debuting throughout the year as their value will be low for the first 3 weeks and rise before their 4th game.

Dead set is this bloke serious? 10 year olds play fantasy competitions and understand the how pricing works.
    never played fantasy **** before ****. still managed to beat your afl buddies in the bbl one #nrlsmartafldumb

I agree with your assessment that the chances of the NRL ever getting crowds like the AFL is about the same as the chances of peace in the Middle East and of world hunger ever ending, i.e. none.
    Well unlike fans of some other sports, NRL fans aren't deluded enough to think their sport will "take over" a city with over 100 years of history with a specific code.

Don't think there'll be too many spare seats at ANZ stadium on June 5th though. Or are we not supposed to be counting that?

Quote Originally Posted by Ausage View Post
    Well unlike fans of some other sports, NRL fans aren't deluded enough to think their sport will "take over" a city with over 100 years of history with a specific code.

Don't think there'll be too many spare seats at ANZ stadium on June 5th though. Or are we not supposed to be counting that?
    Hey? I'm not asking for the NRL to get 90,000 fans in Melbourne. Brisbane or Sydney will do. Pretty sure the history of NRL is pretty good in those cities, can't see any reason not to get the fans there.

If you can get plenty of fans to Origin, you should be able to get them to the NRL games then.

Never had an issue with the rugby league game. My issue is with how the NRL is run. Just go ****ing watch your team play every now and then for Christ's sake.

Hey? I'm not asking for the NRL to get 90,000 fans in Melbourne. Brisbane or Sydney will do. Pretty sure the history of NRL is pretty good in those cities, can't see any reason not to get the fans there.

If you can get plenty of fans to Origin, you should be able to get them to the NRL games then.

Never had an issue with the rugby league game. My issue is with how the NRL is run. Just go ****ing watch your team play every now and then for Christ's sake.
    ****s come up with all sorts of excuses for the difference in crowd numbers, i.e. ticket prices, nrl supporters are poor ****s and can't afford it etc but honestly i reckon afl is just a better live spectacle, the nrl is good to go to aswell but you get a better view of the game on your tv, the play is only ever in one part of the ground so you don't miss anything by not being at the ground. afl on the otherhand theres to some extent something happening on every part of the ground and by going to the game your getting a better view of play e.g, a better view of the forwards running leads and whatnot.

beer prices far to high at sydney grounds also ftr

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar

And you wonder why kids get into betting and the like when this **** teaches them thevalue of a buck and how to trade/ negotiate on the value of players. they ought not be playing it.

Sorry, but they shouldn't.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    How good is it that the Broncos are back on at a late hour when no one outside their own **** city has to watch them?

Page 18 of 68 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread Information