• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* NRL 2013 Season thread

howardj

International Coach
The Footy Show is just uncomfortable to watch

Slats' would be well advised to disassociate

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
yep. got sucked into watching TFS the first couple of weeks, but nomore. sterlo is the best show, followed by the sunday footy show. wish they'd bring back the roast properly with vossy again.
Yeah, both Footy Shows are bad viewing imo.

Mind you, I saw the piece on the Manna family from last night on the bus this morning. Was a quality story. They're a strong bunch.

uvelocity

International Coach
Yeah, both Footy Shows are bad viewing imo.

Mind you, I saw the piece on the Manna family from last night on the bus this morning. Was a quality story. They're a strong bunch.
theres always some little bit that's good, ffs sitting through three hours of turd to wait for it isn't worth it

noofs i'll be in the the tigpies jersey

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Crowd estimate for Sunday's game? I reckon they can hit the 90,000. What do you fellas think?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Sorry wrong thread. Meant to post this in the thread dedicated to the sport where 90,000 people attend games.

uvelocity

International Coach
whats this cash cow talk about dreamteam. if a players value goes up does that help rather than hinder your success? i thought it worked like a regular salary cap and would make it harder to keep players

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
whats this cash cow talk about dreamteam. if a players value goes up does that help rather than hinder your success? i thought it worked like a regular salary cap and would make it harder to keep players
When trading players the value of the player at the time of trading is used to determine your salary cap, so increases in player value are effectively increases to your salary cap.

uvelocity

International Coach
When trading players the value of the player at the time of trading is used to determine your salary cap, so increases in player value are effectively increases to your salary cap.
ah ok, but if player A has a value increase, but you trade out player B your cap room is lower than the week before?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
10,000 in Sydney >>>>>>>> 90,000 in Mexico.
I heard when Gillon McLachlan was asked to be the NRL CEO, he said: "Just get more people to the games I reckon. Will be good for the atmosphere and make the NRL more money. Pretty simple stuff."

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
The rest of the NRL peeps didn't know what he meant. Was a big reason he rejected the job.

uvelocity

International Coach
listen ****, this isn't the afl thread. you can't expect to come in here taking pot shots and expect to walk away. ****s about to go down

e: actually reckon i'll get a holiday if i post this. virat kohli meets drawing dicks on the herald sun

Last edited:

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
ah ok, but if player A has a value increase, but you trade out player B your cap room is lower than the week before?
If you trade out player B your cap increases by the amount of player Bs value at the time of trading. So if player Bs value is 180k you have 180k to spend. If you bought player B at the start of the season for 100k you've effectively increased your team's value by 80k, if you bought player B for 200k you've effectively decreased your team's value by 20k.

I heard when Gillon McLachlan was asked to be the NRL CEO, he said: "Just get more people to the games I reckon. Will be good for the atmosphere and make the NRL more money. Pretty simple stuff."
Pretty simple indeed. I'm sure he's got some pretty straightforward views on conflict in the middle east, humanity's oil addiction and world hunger too.

uvelocity

International Coach
if player A increases by 50k and player B stays at the same price, and i trade player B what is the effect? none? had no idea about this